Martha Poncho Day

mscrocheter

I'm not going but do you know the air date? I really want to see it.

I looked it up, it airs tomorrow the 13th!

We should figure out some way for us to spot the Crochetville members who are going.

If you miss Martha's show in the daytime, TLC reairs her show every night at 6pm EST.

I saw the first episode tonight and wasn't impressed. Even thogh I don't particularly care for Martha, I thought her former show was more informative and I enjoyed what she did. At least with this first episode, I thought she tried too hard to be the "normal" person, and it just didn't work for me. However, I'll be tuning in tomorrow because I've been waiting to see the poncho show. If you see yourself in the audience, let us know so we know it's you. :)

I can't find it on any tv listings here but I know I skimmed past it yesterday. Now if I could just remember what time it was.

Oh this show is just great today!

David Spade was the first guest and they showed his SNL skit where he did her, complete with poncho. Then he came out wearing the poncho. LOL

Some lady from Canada bakes cookies for a living and had some of Martha in the poncho. Lily Chin is there out in the yarn van or whatever they call it, crocheting a poncho.

They have fun facts about crocheting and knitting at each break.

Even her dogs and camera crew are wearing them.

Elmo was there today and he had on a poncho, too.

You might not like this part though. She does have the poncho on her site now with her name in the label. However all proceeds go to help women and families in need; including Katrina victims.

http://www.marthastewartstore.com/

The show comes on in the east at 10:00 am on NBC. It later repeats on TLC at 6:00 am.

Check your local listings.

http://online.tvguide.com/listings/

Hey Stacy - its on TLC at 6:00 Up here with Time Warner cable its channel 40. Not sure where in NY you are.

I don't get TLC. :( In an effort to get my kids away from the TV all summer I had our cable downgraded to basic. While they no longer sit and zone out to SpongeBob I have also lost out on a few of my faves. Maybe I can get my mother to tape it for me.

And I have chronic CRS so don't feel bad.;)

I got it on my local NBC show in place of The Ellen show it was cute I really like David Spade. I liked that she made fun of herself about the whole prison thing making all the snacks that she made when she was in :) Alltough seeing all the people in the ponchos :eek made me think I might not make the one I was planning to.Geez tooooooo many ponchos :eek

I'm glad it wasn't just me that couldn't stand yesterday's episode! I managed to make it through the whole Gulf coast thing, and see the previous bits she had done from there. But when she immediately started in on 9/11 I had to change the channel and watch Kathy Griffin on Bravo instead. Hopefully today's show is as good as it sounds!

Lisa

I attended the show today with three others. We had to confirm about three times and received 2 phone calls to confirm. We stood on line and were told they were full and we would have to watch the show on tv from another room. We were all very upset. We complained to everyone that walked by. Finally they set up chairs on the side of the set near the audience and we sat there (about 20 people), but couldn't see very well. I was upset because I had invited my friends and made ponchos for all of us, and then were told we couldn't get in. We did enjoy the show and David Spade was very funny. They gave us nice gifts and the staff did their best to accommodate everyone. We end the day with a nice lunch so everything worked out ok.

I have to say, I didn't like the show much. Martha, to me, is very rude and "snobbish" and I don't enjoy seeing her. I do read her magazines from time to time, but to see her actually talk isn't my thing. I mean, how many times can they talk about her being in "prison"? It wasn't like she was doing real, hard time in a REAL prison. I mean come on. And again, Lily Chin was referred to as the fastest crocheter. David Spade was the best part of the show, lol

Just my opinion though :D

Donna

And again, Lily Chin was referred to as the fastest crocheter

I heard Lily Chin say that and I thought she was defeated rather recently in public by a Crochetvillager. She has every right to call herself ONE of the fastest crocheters, but she really can't call herself the fastest anymore, right? And I thought Elmo fighting off the dog was the best part of the show. My daughter enjoyed the fact that Mommy was watching her TV and Elmo was on at the same time!

It might not be a 'real' prision but I wouldn't want to be there. I loved seeing her make fun of it. The show was "the" poncho show and she did get it at prison afterall. I think the talk will die down soone enough. For right now, though people want to know. That's why Springer is so popular and why 'magazines' like Star still sell.

I thought it was cute and fun.

Let me start by saying I really DO NOT like Martha Stewart. HOWEVER, on today's (poncho) show (I watched it because of the crochet theme) I found her charming and a great sport talking about prison and her experiences. So, now, I like here a little more than I use to.

I saw the show & think it's great that crochet got a lot of attention. There is something concerns me--I know the money from the poncho she is selling is going to charity, but, is it imported? I know that some textile workers in other countries get paid pennies for their work.

Alosha

It might not be a 'real' prision but I wouldn't want to be there. I loved seeing her make fun of it. The show was "the" poncho show and she did get it at prison afterall. I think the talk will die down soone enough. For right now, though people want to know. That's why Springer is so popular and why 'magazines' like Star still sell.

I thought it was cute and fun.

That's why I said it was "MY" opinion :) Because no one has to agree with it, lol

Donna

I just finished writing about this on my blog,

http://hookandi.blogspot.com/2005/09/martha-lily-and-yarn-bus.html

and then stumbled upon this thread--sounds like we're all mostly in agreement.

I liked the show, but worry about her mass-produced ponchos. I also wished she would have talked a little bit about *what crochet is* and showed someone doing it who's fingers weren't working as fast as Lily's--I mean, don't you think that's a bit intimidating for folks who have never tried or seen it before?

Archived