2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

That was a great week. I hope this current week will be even better.

Anybody else brave enough to dive into their WIP's stockpile, take inventory, and prioritize what is there? I probably won't be able to do that until Tuesday, but i think it would help me know where I should start.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sorted through my totes, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but there was a WIP I totally forgot. I have...

a basket

a hat

a ripple afghan

a round ripple afghan (from a kit.)

i also have a knitting project, but I"m not really sure I remember how to do that, it's been so long.

To prioritize, I will finish the hat and work on the ripple (and work on more hats, since I make them for charity.) We'll go from there.

:hi all that was a great week for us.

I got 10 yellow squares done. I also had 4 green squares done. i did 5th grren square late last night. Was already in bed and didn't want to get up or else I would have posted it last night. So in all I have 15 of 50 squares done. I'm going to try to have each color done each week.

Any more would be to much now that school is starting back. (tomorrow) I will be going M,T, and W. One class on M and T and two on W. So I may not be on as much. Maybe only a few times a week, as aposed to a few times a day.

:hi all that was a great week for us.

I got 10 yellow squares done. I also had 4 green squares done. i did 5th grren square late last night. Was already in bed and didn't want to get up or else I would have posted it last night. So in all I have 15 of 50 squares done. I'm going to try to have each color done each week.

Any more would be to much now that school is starting back. (tomorrow) I will be going M,T, and W. One class on M and T and two on W. So I may not be on as much. Maybe only a few times a week, as aposed to a few times a day.

:woo

That was a great week. I hope this current week will be even better.

Anybody else brave enough to dive into their WIP's stockpile, take inventory, and prioritize what is there? I probably won't be able to do that until Tuesday, but i think it would help me know where I should start.

I'm trying to hunt down my wip's, it didn't get accomplished this weekend, had an unexpected visit from my husband's cousin and her sister.

except I have way more wip's than you :blush after I get some together I'll post and I'll add on if (when) I find more :blush

A question about scoring for the started projects part, for the week are you only counting if you started a new project that week. I'm trying to figure out how this works :yes

René

A question about scoring for the started projects part, for the week are you only counting if you started a new project that week. I'm trying to figure out how this works :yes

René

Well, I didn't like what I had for the rules last year, so I am changing them, and we may need to work out some kinks as we go along. What I recommend is keeping two totals: WTD (Week to date, just the current Sunday through Saturday) and YTD (Year to date, a running total) of both the finished projects and the new projects. That way, you will see how many WIP's you conquered, but also how many new projects you started, which could add to your WIP pile.

I consider this a group project -- we are in this together -- so what do you think of these guidelines? If you all like them, I will put them in the first post. Thanks for letting me know. :hug

Well, I didn't like what I had for the rules last year, so I am changing them, and we may need to work out some kinks as we go along. What I recommend is keeping two totals: WTD (Week to date, just the current Sunday through Saturday) and YTD (Year to date, a running total) of both the finished projects and the new projects. That way, you will see how many WIP's you conquered, but also how many new projects you started, which could add to your WIP pile.

I consider this a group project -- we are in this together -- so what do you think of these guidelines? If you all like them, I will put them in the first post. Thanks for letting me know. :hug

Thank You, I understand now, I like the guidelines.

While I still haven't dug out my wip's while I was cleaning up I found a hat that I started last summer. It is knit, I worked on that for 2 hours today, finished 8 rows on it. When I stopped working on it previously I was on row 20, worked to 28 and thought the pattern ended at row 39 :think didn't seem right, but I thought I was almost done :lol I neglected to look to the 2nd page of the pattern :eek so I have quite a bit more to go. I'll work on it again tonight during our t.v. viewing.

René

post-40103-135897725973_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897725976_thumb.jpg

Thank You, I understand now, I like the guidelines.

While I still haven't dug out my wip's while I was cleaning up I found a hat that I started last summer. It is knit, I worked on that for 2 hours today, finished 8 rows on it. When I stopped working on it previously I was on row 20, worked to 28 and thought the pattern ended at row 39 :think didn't seem right, but I thought I was almost done :lol I neglected to look to the 2nd page of the pattern :eek so I have quite a bit more to go. I'll work on it again tonight during our t.v. viewing.

René

That is beautiful. I love the pattern. It is just lovely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Only 2 triangles left! :wooI hope to finish my curtain this weekend... On Saturday I'm having "crochet meeting" with my aunts - we'll be crocheting, chatting, eating, crocheting, chatting..... :hook I can't wait!

That is beautiful. I love the pattern. It is just lovely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thank You

Only 2 triangles left! :wooI hope to finish my curtain this weekend... On Saturday I'm having "crochet meeting" with my aunts - we'll be crocheting, chatting, eating, crocheting, chatting..... :hook I can't wait!

:cheerWay to go, your crochet meeting sounds like fun :hook

Well, I gathered up a bunch of my wip's :eek:eek There are still a few aluding me, but it is still :eek without them. I took pictures of everything I found, will post pictures soon, if not this weekend (not always time on the weekend to get on the computer) by Monday for sure :faintthis is for all my wips :faintI forgot :think tomorrow is only friday, so I'll post what I have tomorrow

Oh, that sounds lovely! And I am very happy for you, almost finished with such a big WIP! You are doing a great job here!!!

Thank You

:cheerWay to go, your crochet meeting sounds like fun :hook

Well, I gathered up a bunch of my wip's :eek:eek There are still a few aluding me, but it is still :eek without them. I took pictures of everything I found, will post pictures soon, if not this weekend (not always time on the weekend to get on the computer) by Monday for sure :faintthis is for all my wips :faintI forgot :think tomorrow is only friday, so I'll post what I have tomorrow

Can't wait to see your WIp's.

I've been working on the sock toe. Should be able to finish one today. It's been a rough couple of days between me and my husband. At night I just want to sit and watch tv, and not have to think. : (

Lorraine, I hope everything will be ok :hug

Thank you for your cheering :cheer I know if it weren't for you, I woludn't find enough enthusiasm to work on and finish my curtain.

I decided to tell my friend (who I make the curtain for) that my resolution is to complete it until the end of January ( You know, if SHE knows, I just CANNOT leave it... :D ). And she made me :rofl :rofl :rofl when she told me: "It's great, because, you know, there is another project to make" - I asked "What kind of project do you mean?" - "ANOTHER CURTAIN" :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Ha! It's me again - :woo:woo:woo just to tell you that all the curtain's part are put together!!!! I DID IT!!!!! :yay Now two more rounds of finishing and weaving ends - I hope to do it all tomorrow :hook:hook:hook

I've been working on the sock toe. Should be able to finish one today. It's been a rough couple of days between me and my husband. At night I just want to sit and watch tv, and not have to think. : (
Lorraine, hope things get better for you :hug

Ha! It's me again - :woo:woo:woo just to tell you that all the curtain's part are put together!!!! I DID IT!!!!! :yay Now two more rounds of finishing and weaving ends - I hope to do it all tomorrow :hook:hook:hook
:cheer:cheer

Can't wait to see your WIp's.
Okay, I've taken pictures of all I can find, I know 2 of my thread projects are missing at the moment (one an angel, the other one I don't remember, all I know was I was using white thread :think Don't faint :faint:blush

My pictures were coming out to large on here, so I decided to post them on my blog and post the link here. It is still only part of them, will have to do the rest next week, it is too time consuming and I figured the blog post was long enough plus I ran out of time for the computer!!!

http://momdaughterextraordinairecrafters.blogspot.com/2012/01/wips-crochet-and-knit.html

Hope Everybody has a great weekend.

René, i went to your blog, and I love the projects! You have such an amazing eye for color, and your projects are all beautiful. Your mom is very lucky, some of the nice items you are making for her!

Apak, you are amazing! The month isn't even half done yet, and you are finishing -- I am SO happy for you! Love the comment from your friend -- another curtain. can't blame her though -- what a lovely curtain it is! Enjoy your crochet meeting with your Aunts.

Lorraine, :hug so sorry to hear things have been rough. You are in my thoughts. I hope things get better very quickly.

Thank you for your kind words girls! Yes, things are better we've resolved some issues. I challanged myself to declutter 5 items a day in 2011. So far I've gotten rid of 55 items! (I take one day off a week). I have about 5 friends on Facebook doing the same thing!

Well- I went to the garage to declutter out there and my husband was all worked up about it. One thing let to another and we had a big argument. That was Thursday. Today was better.

I have one slipper done and I will post the picture tomorrow.

René, i went to your blog, and I love the projects! You have such an amazing eye for color, and your projects are all beautiful. Your mom is very lucky, some of the nice items you are making for her!

Thank You, I'll post the next link when I get more of my wip's listed, I thought I could do it in one post, don't know what I was thinking :think:eek

Rene- Your projects are beautiful!
Thank You.

Thank you for your kind words girls! Yes, things are better we've resolved some issues. I challanged myself to declutter 5 items a day in 2011. So far I've gotten rid of 55 items! (I take one day off a week). I have about 5 friends on Facebook doing the same thing!

Well- I went to the garage to declutter out there and my husband was all worked up about it. One thing let to another and we had a big argument. That was Thursday. Today was better.

I have one slipper done and I will post the picture tomorrow.

Glad things are going better, We are also working on decluttering at my house, Have you ever been to flylady.net? Looking forward to seeing the picture of your slipper. :hug

Happy Saturday,

René

Well started one new project so that is -1. Haven't completed anything so far this week first week of classes so it was a busy week with them instead of my hook boo.

Archived