2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

Do you have more Works-in-Progress (Wip's) than you'd like, possibly to the point where you some times find something you don't remember starting? Would you like a support group to help you tame a wild case of Startitis? (where it's more fun to begin a new project than to work on an old project) You've come to the right place. We understand, and feel your pain.

The rules for this game are simple. When you finish any item, you get a point. If you are making a big project with lots of little pieces, you can give yourself a point for each piece, if that will motivate you to finish. I would like to keep two totals personally: positives for completed projects, and negatives for new projects that I start. I want to see how many I finish, but I want to have a reason to show restraint on the "startitis." We do not have Wip-Busting police to slap your wrist if you don't count the way someone else would count. This is supposed to be a lot of fun.

Keep track of your WTD (Week to date) and YTD (Year to date) totals for projects completed, and projects started. On Sunday, or after you post on Saturday, change your WTD totals back to zero for the new week.

On Saturday, post your score in a BIG font, fun colors are encouraged. We will cheer each other on, and hopefully be encouraged to bust those WIP's!

Come and join us!

Oh, and please post pictures, if possible. There's nothing more motivating than admiring someone else's work!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Participants:

Ally

amhmsh

Apak - Anna

basjordan - Beth

Boupie Crochet

Bubbe

cristopher2k - LeeAnn

CrochetBoosh

fc1129 - Faith

homesteadingwife - Lynn

KathyWho

kraftynkrazy - Christie

MrsForest

PiscesCrocheter - Rene

reneeb

Scorpio59 - Lorraine

sja - Shirley

I'll join in. I don't actually right now have that many projects started. Just two, a full size granny square afghan, and a patchwork granny with all different color squares. I hope to donate to a local charity. I have however already told my sister two projects I would do for her. So maybe I will be motivated to not only start but finish all my stuff quickly (at all).

I am also part of the stashbusting cal so, the more started projects I finish the more stash I will be busting.

I think for the scrap granny I'm going to count every color as a point. I think I'm going to make 10 from each color.

Looking forward to a great WIP busting year.

I would like to participate too. I have so many wips that I can't even find where I put some of them :blush I really need to get some of those finished and out of my hair.

Should be fun

René

:welcome PiscesCrocheter.

Krazycrocheter, congrats on a great start! 6 squares already! Awesome.

I finished a quick rug for my bathroom -- those tiles get cold in the winter. I'm adding it to my totals now! I think I will start a hat for my favorite charity.

Happy New Year Everybody! :yay

I guess it's the proper place for me ;) I don't have many WIPs to finish, but I have one I want soooo much to complete... A YEAR ago my friend asked me to crochet another curtain for her. I wrote about it here . As she wants ANOTHER one, you can imagine when I started the first one... Ughhhhh.... :thinkToday I decided to make only ONE New Year's Resolution - although I usually don't make any. It is: FINISH THIS CURTAIN!!!!!!!!! I need 6 squares and 11 triangles. And my goal is to complete it in January.

I don't know how to score this project, but I need your company and motivation to succeed. Being here with you will help me a lot. So if it's ok for you - I'M IN!

Happy New Year Everybody! :yay

I guess it's the proper place for me ;) I don't have many WIPs to finish, but I have one I want soooo much to complete... A YEAR ago my friend asked me to crochet another curtain for her. I wrote about it here . As she wants ANOTHER one, you can imagine when I started the first one... Ughhhhh.... :thinkToday I decided to make only ONE New Year's Resolution - although I usually don't make any. It is: FINISH THIS CURTAIN!!!!!!!!! I need 6 squares and 11 triangles. And my goal is to complete it in January.

I don't know how to score this project, but I need your company and motivation to succeed. Being here with you will help me a lot. So if it's ok for you - I'M IN!

:welcome Apak!

Honestly, something like that deserves multiple points. You should get at least 1 point for each triangle or square, and another point when you join them. We are here to :cheer each other on, so You can do it!!!

I finished the hat I started today. I am going to do some more work on one of my afghans this evening, after i wash the dinner dishes.

I started on yellow square number 7. I got all but the last side done before the skein ran out. Good for my Stashbusting CAL, not good for here. :sigh Hope I got some yellow in my big tote. It's at my nanas. I took it there for my cousin to use and just cause she had more room for it than me. I probably got some in there.:? I'll have to call her and get her to :check tomorrow.

I can see this CAL is very inspiring and you work very fast! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Yesterday I managed to make 2 squares! :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

I join the parts in the last round, so - no extra points for that :hook

I started a scarf this morning but plan to have it finished by Wednesday. :hook

Zoom!!! That's a fast scarf! What colors? What pattern?

Apak, way to go on finishing those squares!!! It's great to connect as you go. I went to the thread where you posted pics, and I must say, that is a gorgeous project! :drool Nice job!

I started on yellow square number 7. I got all but the last side done before the skein ran out. Good for my Stashbusting CAL, not good for here. :sigh Hope I got some yellow in my big tote. It's at my nanas. I took it there for my cousin to use and just cause she had more room for it than me. I probably got some in there.:? I'll have to call her and get her to :check tomorrow.

I hope you have the yarn you need to finish that square. Do you have many more in that color planned?

I'm doing 10 squares in each color. So I have to finish that side and do 3 more in yellow. I started on the first green one. I'm fixing to go work on them. Right after I call my nana and have her check and see if there is any yellow.

Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple, and if I have any Blue or I might buy some. I know bad girl. :lol

I started today! I had to take my daughter to her figure skating lesson early this morning and had some time to sit in the car. So I found a nice sunny spot and looked through a WIP that I brought along.

Crocheted socks that I had a problem with. I had finally decided to use the afterthought heel with them but never did do much about it.

So I looked, I read and I started adding a few rounds to an ankle.

Later I will have to try them on and see if I'm on the right track.

Hopefully I can add some rounds tonight! Looks like my January project and I'm really happy to get going on them again.

Pictures tomorrow!

I haven't meet a goal yet of 10 squares in a single color. But I got 3 green squares made today. I have already made a +4 in the stashbusting cal. I used up two skeins so far. I just can't believe it. This is turning out to be a great crocheting year so far. Even though its only day two.

Archived