"The Little Book....Hats & Scarves"

Janie

I bought myself a present yesterday! :c9 While browsing my local AC Moore, hoping to find the perfect patterns for winter hats & scarves for several female family members, I ran across "The Little Box of Crocheted Hats and Scarves". Been looking at it, thinking of buying for a while, but was unsure. I happened to have ;) a 40% coupon, so I took the chance and bought it. Since the regular price is $19.95, I wouldn't have done it without the coupon. I am SO glad I did!!! Here, in the :wbrr"frozen tundra", as I affectionately call home in Winter, (aka: upstate NY :manyheart) , hats & scarves are a popular item.

I believe it's money well spent.

There are 20 different patterns, using a variety of different yarns. Each pattern is on an individual, laminated card about 5" x 7". They are designed to grab & go, which I love! Each card is folded and has a full color pic on the front . Inside the directions are easy to read and nicely presented. The back of each card has a close-up pic of the scarf, so that you can actually see the stitching.:bounce In the back of the box, which has a hinged lid and magnetic closure, there is an attached card containing: an index of patterns; a table of "Standard Yarn Weight System" (which I love for switching out yarns);, hook size chart, with US, UK and metric conversions; and a list of crochet abbreviations.

The best part is that there are a variety of styles to suit all the teenage and adult women in my life!!! I think this would make a nice gift for someone who is a beginning crocheter, since there are differing levels of difficulty (the only thing I would change is to add a notation as to the level of difficulty, but I'm sure one could figure it out without too much trouble.)

I am in my "happy place":hook . I saw that they have a "Little Box" of sweater patterns, too. (Oh, oh... better save my $ and look for another coupon :D )

I also bought that one with my 40% off coupon too at AC Moore. I was glad to see it for crochet since there are already two of them for knitting.

Is the little box for crocheted sweaters or knitted sweaters? Haven't seen that one yet. maybe I'll check out Amazon.com.

Take care and happy crocheting. Now I just have to decide what to start first (like I always say when I get something new). How many first projects do we all have? LOL.

LI Roe

TO: BonnieCrochets: I get the 40% off coupon in the local newspaper or in the flyer. There is an ad, weekly, in my neck of the woods and most times there is a coupon, but not always.

TO: LI Roe: I'm fairly certain that the Little Box IS for crochet, but I could be mistaken...I'll check tomorrow, since I plan to go and get some yarn for my Mom's b'day gift.

I'm glad to hear that some of you also think this is a great set of patterns! Can't wait to see some of the projects you all do with it. I have my 1st set nearly done. I'll post pics, soon. :hook

• 3 weeks later...

Archived