2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Wow! You have all been busy! I don't know how I will stay caught up in this thread, lol.

Is there a way to come back to the thread to the place where you last read/viewed? An easy way?

Before I can start on Christmas things for next year I have two afghans for weddings to make. I was given a gift card so I was able to buy all of the yarn for one and half of the yarn for the other. I'll finish the door stocking that I am working on (I want to pack it away with my other Christmas things for next year). Then I'll start the first afghan. The first wedding is in March and the second is in May. I would like to have both afghans finished by the end of February.

My revised list:

Nephew's wedding: afghan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wedding-rings-blanket

Cousin's wedding: afghan (same design)

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

Neighbors- dishclothes/towels etc

Dh's work- candy bars w/custom wrappers

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, ladies!!

If you haven't done one of these before, I'll make a suggestion: hide the tails as you go or you'll be stunned when you see what you have to do when it's finished! Esp when using stash....

GO:cheerGO:cheer

You can do it!:clap

I definitely second this!

Wow! You have all been busy! I don't know how I will stay caught up in this thread, lol.

Is there a way to come back to the thread to the place where you last read/viewed? An easy way?

If you look to the left of the title of the thread, you will see a check mark in a shaded blue box. If you hover over that check mark, it should say "go to first new post". If you click on it, you should go to the place in the thread that starts from wherever it was the last time you were on Crochetville.

Before I can start on Christmas things for next year I have two afghans for weddings to make. I was given a gift card so I was able to buy all of the yarn for one and half of the yarn for the other. I'll finish the door stocking that I am working on (I want to pack it away with my other Christmas things for next year). Then I'll start the first afghan. The first wedding is in March and the second is in May. I would like to have both afghans finished by the end of February.

My revised list:

Nephew's wedding: afghan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wedding-rings-blanket

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

I really love that afghan pattern, particularly in the blue colorway. (although it looks like a lot of sewing together, at least from looking at the picture.) People who have known me for a while, know how I feel about sewing squares together!

My revised list:

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

Hmmm, you just reminded me that I have a bridal shower and wedding in March and April :think Thanks

Ann

I know what you mean about grandkids growing so quickly. They seem to get taller every week . I do try spending as much time as possible with him now and always have ,but I know the day is coming that he will be too old to hang out here with us old geezers. We're thankful for all the time we have had with him .

Marisa

Yep, my mom was a good cook too .Always was like the Cleaver's mom. apron on, and hot homemade meals every night .

Dee

Those afghans are beautiful . I think Cindy is right, they will take some major putting together,but some people really enjoy those type patterns. They will be family heirlooms to be passed on when you get them done,since they will be so stunning .

When I used to make wedding afghans, I'd always use the colors they were having in the wedding . Been a long time since I made one though .

A lot of the patterns I found call for size 10 thread or sport weight yarn and have buttons or snaps sewn on! Yikes, so small! I steered away from them! :lol I might get braver this year. Do you make the patterns with the smaller stuff?

Thanks for the heads up! I figured that I'd probably look around at yard sales if I can get out this summer, not that there are very many in our small town! :lol

I remember having pieces of material wrapped around Barbie and held together with a pin!:lol I had the barbie suitcase too!

My Barbies and other dolls had lots of creatively joined clothes.:lol:lol I still don't sew well.

I can't crochet with thread. I have some free pattern links listed on my blog that use worsted weight. Barbie Free Crochet Pattern Links I also have found some of the old Annie's Attic patterns that use baby and sports weight yarn for their patterns. I don't have trouble with the baby and sports weight yarn. The snaps are time consuming. My Mom uses velcro. I have never made it work well so I end up with snaps.

DH bought me some of the Bates Bamboo steelite hooks for Christmas to see if that might help me overcome my challenge with thread.

Is there a way to come back to the thread to the place where you last read/viewed? An easy way?When you go on the thread on the left side of the topmost post on the page you'll see a place to click to bring you to the first post you missed. If you've missed many pages it's not quite as accurate, I think, but it does help a bit.

When I first joined here I would write down the last post # so the next day I wouldn't feel quite as lost - and we had a super busy CAL!

My revised list:

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

that's a beautiful pattern - good luck with it!!:cheer:clap

My Barbies and other dolls had lots of creatively joined clothes.:lol:lol I still don't sew well.

I can't crochet with thread. I have some free pattern links listed on my blog that use worsted weight. Barbie Free Crochet Pattern Links I also have found some of the old Annie's Attic patterns that use baby and sports weight yarn for their patterns. I don't have trouble with the baby and sports weight yarn. The snaps are time consuming. My Mom uses velcro. I have never made it work well so I end up with snaps.

DH bought me some of the Bates Bamboo steelite hooks for Christmas to see if that might help me overcome my challenge with thread.

Thank you for the link to your blog! You have quite a list of free sites on there!

And with the thread...it just takes doing it a little every day and you'll be more comfortable doing it. It's always a challenge when I try and switch from WW to #10:lol

I've tried to give handmade gifts each year, but the last few years I've been so busy with school that I have barely crocheted. I'm going to sit down and make up my Christmas list and see who I can crochet for next Christmas. I'll be back with my list! :)

Good morning everyone :hi

Ann - My nephew wants to learn to crochet and he's 7, loves doing any kind of crafts and just making things in general. So I directed my SIL what to pick up, which he got for xmas, and on xmas day sat on the webcam with her to show her a chain and sc. So now she has to practice it to show my nephew :lol They live in Phoenix and we're in Pennsylvania so I understand your dilemma :yes I told her though that youtube videos are great for seeing how something is done. Good luck :hug

That's fantastic! I wish I could get my DIL to pick up a hook! She has no interest in learning what so ever! :lol This is going to teaching in bits and pieces whenever we see each other.

My revised list:

Sister-lighthouse afghan

Bil-

Niece-

Daughters- doll clothes

That afghan is gorgeous! You reminded me, I'd better start looking for a pattern for the baby shower that I'm sure will be happening for the twins due in May! Don't know the sex yet, so I can't pick out the colors and will have to go with something universal. Hmmm, time to search....:lol

Wow! Thanks for the link! You sure do have a lot of info on your blog! Fantastic!

Hi, ladies!

I've tried to give handmade gifts each year, but the last few years I've been so busy with school that I have barely crocheted. I'm going to sit down and make up my Christmas list and see who I can crochet for next Christmas. I'll be back with my list! :)

Welcome! We'll be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Good morning and Welcome to 2012!!!!

Looking forward to another year of "hooking" with friends!!!

Me too!!!

My girls were just invited to a birthday party for this Thursday. So, I'm trying to whip up an owl hat/scarf from Carlinda's pattern. I made one hat as a test to figure out the pattern. Now I have to make the "real" one, lol.

Happy New Year!!!

Wishing everyone a very good new year with friends and family. Looking forward to another year with all of you as we hook our way through 2012. :hug

Happy New Year!

Started a reindeer ornament since I needed a small project to work on today. He's almost completed. I hope to keep working on the projects so I have plenty completed before next Christmas.

Good morning and Welcome to 2012!!!!

Looking forward to another year of "hooking" with friends!!!

Ditto!;)

Me too!!!

My girls were just invited to a birthday party for this Thursday. So, I'm trying to whip up an owl hat/scarf from Carlinda's pattern. I made one hat as a test to figure out the pattern. Now I have to make the "real" one, lol.

will you be able to share pictures?

Happy New Year!

Started a reindeer ornament since I needed a small project to work on today. He's almost completed. I hope to keep working on the projects so I have plenty completed before next Christmas.

that's great!:cheer

Hi ladies

Happy New Year to all of you . I hope this year is the beginning of a much better year for all of us !

Nice to meet some new people in here but also see some old friend who I have known for many years . I can't believe I joined up in here almost 6 years ago . WOW .

Anyhow, I have just opened a new cross stitch kit so am hoping to get some progress made on it . It looks quite challenging ,so I may end up making ornaments out of it instead. I guess I'll give this a shot and see how it goes .

been to the lys and picked up the yarn to make Smurfette for my niece's birthday. Talked to my sister My nephew loves all pokemon so i get to pick which one for his birthday, and she is sending the measurements, gender and quantities for her girls' zhu zhu pets so i can get started on sleeping bags and. beds...she tells me that they have at least 10 that need sleeping bags. Also picked up some of the plastic canvas and yarnt he we need to make on of our granddaughter's christmas gifts...a dollhouse. Her Papa and I are making it toghether he does plastic canvas, well the simple stuff. so we are teaming up then the beds will have crocheted blankets. I will just have to find a doll family in the right scale otherwise a crocheted doll family in the right scale but i have to make the furniture at least first so i know how small they have to be. I would say a very productive first day of the new year.

been to the lys and picked up the yarn to make Smurfette for my niece's birthday. Talked to my sister My nephew loves all pokemon so i get to pick which one for his birthday, and she is sending the measurements, gender and quantities for her girls' zhu zhu pets so i can get started on sleeping bags and. beds...she tells me that they have at least 10 that need sleeping bags. Also picked up some of the plastic canvas and yarnt he we need to make on of our granddaughter's christmas gifts...a dollhouse. Her Papa and I are making it toghether he does plastic canvas, well the simple stuff. so we are teaming up then the beds will have crocheted blankets. I will just have to find a doll family in the right scale otherwise a crocheted doll family in the right scale but i have to make the furniture at least first so i know how small they have to be. I would say a very productive first day of the new year.

That dollhouse is going to be such an AMAZING gift. I think it is great you can work on it together.

Hi ladies

Happy New Year to all of you . I hope this year is the beginning of a much better year for all of us !

Nice to meet some new people in here but also see some old friend who I have known for many years . I can't believe I joined up in here almost 6 years ago . WOW .

Anyhow, I have just opened a new cross stitch kit so am hoping to get some progress made on it . It looks quite challenging ,so I may end up making ornaments out of it instead. I guess I'll give this a shot and see how it goes .

Have fun with the cross-stitching. It's time consuming but turns out so pretty!

That sounds really cool!

Archived