Still on a tatting kick..here are 2 doilies...

chessie

They are beautiful! :manyheart

A nice lady in town gave me tatting tools a while ago. I saw her earlier today and told her I plan to learn it in the new year. Then I come here and see your lovely doilies. It is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

love them! your doilies are so delicate, and gorgeous!

you inspire me to keep at it. eventually I will get my loops to not curl when I pull them closed (especially with picots). They say the "pop" is hardest to learn...I think it's keeping the stitches flat! :P. couple projects to catch up on, and then practice practice practice! (Say, did you all see Rachels TattingPatternCentral?) :U

love them! your doilies are so delicate, and gorgeous!

you inspire me to keep at it. eventually I will get my loops to not curl when I pull them closed (especially with picots). They say the "pop" is hardest to learn...I think it's keeping the stitches flat! :P. couple projects to catch up on, and then practice practice practice! (Say, did you all see Rachels TattingPatternCentral?) :U

Are you using a needle or a shuttle? I used a needle for these doilies.and yes when I first was learning, the "flip" was a hard thing for me to understand,if you are needle tatting then you do not have worry about flipping the sts.Also if you are needle tatting and worry about the rings curling up ( even with the shuttle) you do not need to have the sts so tight just snug enough to pull the needle thru.And as for the picots especially with needle tatting they are gonna be twisted a little bit,one of the down sides for needle tatting.

Yes I love the new tattingpatterncentral site.lots of great patterns.

So just keep practicing :)

What gorgeous doilies!! Tatting is something I always wanted to learn but never did. I have a friend who is going to be 99 yrs. old this coming March. Up until her mini-stroke she was always making things for all of her friends. Since her stroke, she says she see's double, so she said she is going to try and "re-learn" crochet..!! Tatting is quite beautiful!! Great going!! :)

Archived