Christmas Knitting

HomekeepingGran

In addition to the hat made for Kati earlier, her brothers will also get hats for Christmas from me. The black one for Alex is from Wooly Bear Hand Knits by Cheryl Andrews. I apologize for not being able to come up with this website for some reason. It's easy to search for this pattern PDF, though: just google for "Hats From The Heart Wooly Bear" and you'll get the pattern right away. It's a simple 2X2 rib with a nifty decrease and is so stretchy you can fit children and adults with the same pattern or with a very simple increase of 4 stitches. Drew's camel-colored hat is a WWII pattern which AbbyNormal reminded me about. I had to decrease by 8 stitches and then invent a new crown decrease system to fit my nearly 5-year old grandson.

I DID NOT MAKE THE PURSE. It was my gift from our oldest daughter, who just learned to knit this year, believe it or not. She will be an amazing knitter if she persists working with it. Cool purse, huh? She lined it but it's filled with my junk and you don't need to see all that!

post-11235-135897721397_thumb.jpg

post-11235-135897721402_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived