sahm2g1b

Checkers Set

I wanted to make a crocheted checker set for my son, Michael, for Christmas, but I didn't want to have to piece it all together. So, I came up with my own design. I made the board with a back & button-strap closure, a drawstring bag to hold the checkers, and I made the checkers out of wooden toy wagon wheels found at one of my local craft stores.

I didn't write the pattern down this time, but I'm going to make another one so that I can write it down. I'd love to know what you think!

post-20325-135897721212_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897721215_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897721218_thumb.jpg

That is cool. Think it would be a great present next year for one of my grandkids. Every year I get them a game, pjs and a toy. It would fun if I could make them each a game instead of buying one.

what a cool idea ! :clap I love the colors too!

What a genius idea! Super cute! Thanks for taking the time to share a picture with us!

I would love that as a pattern!!!!! I tryed to make one once. with granny's and gave it up

Lovely! I have to make one for a friend's little boy's bday in Feb. Great idea on the wooden wheels!

I would love that as a pattern!!!!! I tryed to make one once. with granny's and gave it up

I'm going to write the pattern up, but first I have to finish a couple of things I'm working on.

I think that's a fabulous checker set!

Totally awesome! Please do come back for another post to give us the pattern! :-O

I'm going to write the pattern up, but first I have to finish a couple of things I'm working on.

Do you know how long it will take? Is it an Easy level? Will it be a priced pattern or free? If priced, how much will it cost? I'd just need to know ahead of time, so I can get my cousin to send PayPal payment.

(I strongly suggest you sell the pattern instead of giving it away. Something like this will be big seller and you will be raking in cold hard cash.)

REALLY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like the pattern, but if you are going to sell it? Please let me know how much? I' m on a fixed income, and I'll have to put some money back.

But thanks for the great ideal!!!!!!!!!!

Not yet. Trying to finish up this Homespun afghan for a friend of mine, but I should get to it this week! I've got my yarn sitting here starring at me & just begging to become a checkers set! :lol

Goodie. I'm going to make several and give them away on a NuWa HitchHiker forum for a photo contest that I plan to set up. :-D

I am currently working on the pattern. I was hoping to get it done last week, but life got in the way & it did not get done. I only had time to get a few easy things done that I could take with me.

I wanted to update those that are wanting the pattern. I hope to get it done some time this week (preferably by Wednesday, but no promises).

Take your time. I hope it will be easy enough for me. Are you making the squares individually and somehow put them together or are you constantly changing the colors as you go?