Blankets Fit for a Supermodel's pooch.

Dub Trance

Every few weeks, I travel out to the Oregon coastal mountains to my BFF's house, to just get out of the city and to craft with her and spend time with her family. She's a quilter, and I'm a crocheter...so at any given time during my visits we can be found in the craft/sewing room of their rustic cabin house, surrounded by snoring dogs of all shapes and sizes the occasional kitty coming by to bat my yarn around or to curl up with one of the dogs.

Like my profile mentions, I am friends with a (and have worked on many projects with) former 70's-80's supermodel by the name of Eva Voorhees, who is a lovely friend and makes me feel better about myself and my neurosis about my pets, as she is as nuts about our furry friends as I am! Eva also runs a dog rescue in California where she rescues and saves countless dogs every year from the streets of Mexico.

Her sidekick and constant companion, is a little furball Chihuahua girl named after actor Johnny Depp. Because I adore that little dog and her mother, my friend and I out in the woods this last weekend had a good old fashioned stitch n bitch, and watched "The Help", whilst creating these little blankets for JD. Obviously, my first attempt at a mini afghan and putting it together isn't the best, but I had so much fun working on the Granny Squares (after I told myself when I learned how to crochet that I wouldn't be caught dead making afghans!) and putting them together, that this little test run I made is an excellent example of leftover yarn and making use of it! My friend's little quilt is made with many fabrics from Japan, Italy, and various scraps from quilt fabric designers like Denyse Schmidt and Heather Ross.

We sure had fun! I'd be interested in finding some really funky and cool dog bed patterns if anyone has any ideas do share!

post-48295-13589772077_thumb.jpg

post-48295-135897720775_thumb.jpg

post-48295-135897720778_thumb.jpg

post-48295-135897720781_thumb.jpg

Fantastic blankets! I'm sure they will be loved by their pooches :D

Anyone who does things to help animals is awesome in my eyes. I have a friend who is in NY as an actress and she works with the Humane Society... helping find homes for dogs and promoting all the good work they do. :)

Fantastic blankets! I'm sure they will be loved by their pooches :D

Anyone who does things to help animals is awesome in my eyes. I have a friend who is in NY as an actress and she works with the Humane Society... helping find homes for dogs and promoting all the good work they do. :)

Eva is a doll...and yes Skoggy, anyone working to help save animals has my undying support! Hope you have a lovely holiday!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived