Hook Collecting...

Ok...I just need some re-assurance that I haven't fallen off the deep end now that I have been been crocheting for a year now...

Is it just me, or do most crochet fanatics have a plethora of hooks of all types? Sure, I may have a few size J hooks, but I have them in: wood, plastic, aluminum, bamboo etc...

Have I lost it, or if you cannot pass up a bargain at the store do ya just keep stocking up to add to your hook collection?

I have so many hooks in all shapes and sizes made from all sorts of different material, please tell me I am not alone!

Oh thank God! Seriously, as I was looking for a hook I wanted to work with I noticed I have dozens...it seriously is nice to know that I am in good company!

I think I have no fewer than 3 (count them..3) clover soft touch J hooks... and it could be more. I have that many I hooks too... and I think only 1 h? Now all that wouldn't be so bad..but I have almost that many again in the regular boye hooks too! We won't mention all the other sizes that I have duplicates of multiple times over. Really sad when I have 2 red boye H hooks... :lol

I lose hooks, I keep some in travel bags, I like different styles for different projects, so having different types makes sense.

How my hook fettish started... I have a wip and the hook in the bag with it..and then I start another project :lol and need the same hook..and can't find it. So need another hook..and a month later find the wip with the hook..voila another hook... multiply x's 100 :lol:lol

I have more than one of several of the sizes. But what kind of sent me off the deep end lately was steel hooks for thread with the big handles. I have some Clover Soft Touch Comfort Hooks and some ChiaoGoo, both of which are quite nice. The only thing is, neither of them conform to usual standards, quite, which makes choosing one for a project... an adventure. :lol It's fun, actually, and I do love these hooks. So much more comfortable! And so far I've always been able to find a hook which will work!

ETA: I think the ChiaoGoo might be easier for me to find a good hook match for my projects. They're nice hooks, but so is the Clover. The Clover seems a little more erratic about sizing than the CG. Of course, I still have my old steel Boye around but for hand comfort, I try to choose one of these newer ones.

You are in good company. I have a lot of hooks. Some steel, some aluminum, and some plastic. I think I have bought most of my hooks but I did inherit some from both my mother and oldest sister when they passed away. I have a habit of having several WIPs going and I like to leave the hook I am using for each project in the bag.

I also have a lot of hooks. That way, I can start a project, and then leave the hook in it when I start another one. It's just a hazzard of the craft.

:manyheart

I have two complete sets of hooks Clover soft touch and a set of wooden

English hooks I received from a friend. I also Have two hand made wooden

Hooks in large sizes N+Q, I use all of them depending on the type of yarn

and the size needed.

Phew! Looks like I opened up a can of worms :) Thanks for all the replies, I feel more content and "sane" knowing that I am not alone! :) Happy Holidays everyone!

I have 4 hook holders, (besides the one I keep on table next to me, where I can just plop my hook for whatever current project I am doing). There is my steel hooks in one, size B through G in another, H through N in another and a roll up one with my afghan hooks and knitting needles. I have antique steel ones with odd names and Boye, Bates, Rose and a few wood ones. Depending on size and type of yarn I use almost all of them.

I collect hooks too!!! Some are favorites, some are old, some are new some I tried and still not sure how I feel about them, but won't give them up. I love the colors and textures of them !Glad to know I'm not alone!!

Lol, I have my hook set, that has most of the hook sizes, then I have a few bigger hooks, like a N, P, Q, ect. But I just use those and occasionally get a new one if I don't need it. However, I'm really liking the glass blown crochet hooks, and the unique designs not really to use but just to have a cool collection.

Let me see...I have my mom's set of steel and aluminum Boye Hooks, I have 2-3 sets of Bates aluminum hooks, I have the Boye interchangeable steel hook set, I have a set of lighted hooks, I have the set of Denise interchangeable tunisian hooks, I have 2-4 of each size hook in various forms of wood/acrylic, and I have 2 of the Etimo hooks (hoping to complete this set too). Oh yeah, I also have a set of plastic hooks in my van incase I forget my hook or start a new project somewhere besides home.

Hi! My name is Brandi and I am a crochet hook, pattern and yarn addict! :lol

Archived