Run out of Christmas ribbon?

Afghaniac

How clever this is! I guess I didn't realize wrapping paper would curl like ribbon does, assuming the ridges on (most of) the ribbon helped the curl somehow. Thanks for the link, Kay! (And you've made some impressive packages there! Very cool.)

Oh my gosh!!! I just looked at my sad, squished bag of bows that I bought last year! I need to do this! Thanks for the idea!!! :manyheart

My motivation was not only the cuteness, but the fact that I misplaced a huge plastic tub (if you can imagine losing such a thing) of wire ribbon that I'd carefully bought at after-Christmas sales over a couple of seasons. After that, I lost interest in spending money on more ribbon. A year later I still haven't found it.

Have fun.

How clever this is! I guess I didn't realize wrapping paper would curl like ribbon does, assuming the ridges on (most of) the ribbon helped the curl somehow. Thanks for the link, Kay! (And you've made some impressive packages there! Very cool.)

I guess that so-called curling ribbon has been a big marketing scam. All these years, I also had thought it was specially treated to curl!

Love that idea and I love pinterest!!

I can while away half a day on Pinterest. It has so many ideas in so many areas to inspire my creative urges -- who needs magazine anymore! Plus it's a nice place to be able to store those ideas so I don't forget where they are.

Archived