yarns by countries

Nerys

Does it exist a list of which yarn brands are from which countries ?

I recently bought Bernats which is from Canada , any other Canadian yarns ? :)

What criteria do you plan to use to decide what country a yarn is "from"? Many yarns are made from, say, cotton or wool grown in country A, spun in country B, dyed and packaged in country C, and distributed from country D.

In this case, which country is the yarn "from"?

DCM

Everything you say is true , but I never saw all the involved countries mentioned on the yarn packaging so indeed what country is a yarn from ? Perhaps certain countries and brands have a higher quality to their yarns. Myself I have just recently bought some new to me brand. I have not bought yarns in years working from just what I had in the house.

Everything you say is true , but I never saw all the involved countries mentioned on the yarn packaging so indeed what country is a yarn from ? Perhaps certain countries and brands have a higher quality to their yarns. Myself I have just recently bought some new to me brand. I have not bought yarns in years working from just what I had in the house.

Yarndex has a feature where you can browse by country http://www.yarndex.com/yarn_by_info.cfm?info_type=5

I would assume this is by the location of the company selling it.

Thanks ever so much , just what I was looking for , thanks again :)

You are welcome :)

I did notice their list seems to be mainly large companies. If you are looking for small companies, you'd probably need to search elsewhere.

Archived