bigfunfam

Play kitchen to go with play food - What do you think?

Money is tight this year (for everyone) and I couldn't afford a play kitchen to go with the play food set that I have been crocheting. With much prayer and lots of wracking my brain I came up with this. I put all my yarnie stuff in it while working on it so that the children didn't know what I was really doing. All of my stuff will be moved out Christmas Eve and play food will be placed inside instead. A crochet pot of flowers will go on the top to pretty it up a bit. What do you think? The knobs are attached with buttons so they all turn :)

post-22492-135897720541_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720544_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720548_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720551_thumb.jpg

How cute! and what a cool idea! I assume you are using the plastic dresser thing to hold the play food and things? I love it!!!

Thank you for posting the pictures. I have been so wanting to see this. I love the storage set up!!! Great job.

that is soooooooooo cute. who ever gets it is going to be so happy. i know i would.happy holidays. nana

Thank you for posting the pictures. I have been so wanting to see this. I love the storage set up!!! Great job.

I'm going to write up the patterns for it and put it on my blog after Christmas :)

this is awesome!!!! I think the kids are gonna love it

This is so cute!! I think they would have been happy with the play food, but with this to go with it, I see many hours of play in their future. I have found that over the years, the gifts I have made have been not only my children's favorites, but also my nieces and nephews. you did a great job, and I look forward to seeing a pattern in the future. :D

WOW - great idea and oh so very cute!

Absolutely fantastic!!! I predict lots of playtime :D

That is absolutely fabulous! I think it's just as good as a store-bought one, and even better, with all the built-in storage.

that is a cool idea and you did it well! The storage idea is GREAT!

I think it's awesome!! :yay I love the burners. :P I think that's the coolest thing since sliced bread. I want one. Hee hee...

Edited by Mom w/a Motif

Very ingenious! I'll bet that will get lots of fun use! Every little one loves to play house!

Goodness........I think that is really awesome!! Great idea!!