Play kitchen to go with play food - What do you think?

bigfunfam

Money is tight this year (for everyone) and I couldn't afford a play kitchen to go with the play food set that I have been crocheting. With much prayer and lots of wracking my brain I came up with this. I put all my yarnie stuff in it while working on it so that the children didn't know what I was really doing. All of my stuff will be moved out Christmas Eve and play food will be placed inside instead. A crochet pot of flowers will go on the top to pretty it up a bit. What do you think? The knobs are attached with buttons so they all turn :)

post-22492-135897720541_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720544_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720548_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897720551_thumb.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures. I have been so wanting to see this. I love the storage set up!!! Great job.

I'm going to write up the patterns for it and put it on my blog after Christmas :)

This is so cute!! I think they would have been happy with the play food, but with this to go with it, I see many hours of play in their future. I have found that over the years, the gifts I have made have been not only my children's favorites, but also my nieces and nephews. you did a great job, and I look forward to seeing a pattern in the future. :D

That is absolutely fabulous! I think it's just as good as a store-bought one, and even better, with all the built-in storage.

Archived