Introducing Stitch Works Software

Stitch Works Software

Hi my name is Brian and under the name Stitch Works Software I've started creating software for the fiber community. My first software title is Crochet Charts and it is design software for symbol crochet.

A short list of key features:

• Supports Windows (XP/Vista/7), Mac OS X (Intel, 10.5-10.7), and Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Freeform placement of stitches
  • Comes with 109 stitches and symbols
  • Export charts and legends to industry standard formats: PDF, SVG, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, plain text
  • Customizable stitch library including ability to have multiple sets
  • Reasonably priced at $50 (USD)
  • And much more...

Here are some screen shots of the program in action:

post-54845-135897720062_thumb.jpg

post-54845-135897720075_thumb.png

post-54845-135897720079_thumb.jpg

There are more screenshots on the website, as well as some videos where you can watch as I create a quick chart, and go over the features of the stitch library.

There is also a trial version of the software which you can download and try out the features.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please let me know, I always welcome feedback.

-Brian Milco

Owner

• 4 months later...

Looks very smart. Will have to read more. There was a program out similar to this but it only did circular patterns and had other limitations too. Just a quick question, is this one also limited to circular??? I know this may be one of the prime areas of concern to many crocheters...

Looks very smart. Will have to read more. There was a program out similar to this but it only did circular patterns and had other limitations too. Just a quick question, is this one also limited to circular??? I know this may be one of the prime areas of concern to many crocheters...

I agree...I need to chart rows, not just circles - will I be able to do this? If so, I will purchase it in a heartbeat!

Just a quick question, is this one also limited to circular???

No, you are not limited to just circular pattern design. The canvas allows for free form placement of the stitches so you can create any shape you can imagine including rows/columns.

-Brian

No, you are not limited to just circular pattern design. The canvas allows for free form placement of the stitches so you can create any shape you can imagine including rows/columns.

-Brian

That is great :clap :clap, guess that makes a few sales. :D including me!!!

anyone review this yet? :drool I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! finally! someone has designed a crochet friendly chart program that even looks user friendly!

I would LOVE to hear what you guys think of it! Either post or pm would be awesome!

It will be awhile for me, have to make sure funds are free before I spend that much on just myself...;)

Did Amy or Donna do a review on this???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived