Sign in to follow this  
grammie2

I am heart broken

Question

I made Christmas stocking for my hubby, to son's and myself when our son's were babies. The have sentimental value. Our son passed away 10 1/2 years ago. (22 years old.) Both my hubby and I went to look for our stockings. Now where to be found. Does any have an easy quick pattern for a 16 inch stocking that you can tell me where to buy or download? They ones we had before were 36 inches long. I lost the pattern for them several years ago duing one of our moves.

9 answers to this question

I am so sorry for your loss, both your son and your stockings. I have been making the ones from red heart called "Waiting for Santa". It comes in three sizes, 11 inc, 17 inch and 21 inch I believe. good luck.

I'm so sorry about your loss (your son and your memory stockings!) If you cannot find a quick pattern that will suit you, you can always make the easiest crochet socks you know how to make (or the pattern you find) in a larger hook that will produce for you stockings that are the size you want.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you enjoy making the stockings, the pattern links given in this thread look wonderful. I'm sure they'll be beautiful and I'd love to see a picture of them when they're finished? :hug

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, especially that of your son.

Hope that by making more stockings, it will help and who knows, the others just may show up when you least expect it.

May God Bless all of you.

LI Roe