Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Well I currently live in AZ and my husband really did try to be a Cardinals fan, but they make it so hard! I can't imagine (gasp) anyone from my family as a Bears fan. Although I did love Walter Payton (shh, don't tell anyone). I was at work when I learned he died and me and the only male in a dept of about 30 people cried as we read the internet! All the women thought we were nuts.

Anyhow, Dorothy, I am supposed to be working on a spreadsheet I brought home from work. I am not even near yarn and I wandered off and checked up on Crochetville. Not sure I could stare at homework while yarn danced nearby.

I did finish one cat mat during Sunday's game. Yeah! I think I am going to post pictures on Fridays. I will take a picture of what I did during the week before I go to volunteer on Friday after work - that way I won't keep taking stuff into the shelter before I show it off.

As for the star blanket, I really do need to try one soon, but I have such a backlog of things to try. So I will admire yours for now...

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has taken a lot of time to be able to sit and do homework surrounded by so much fun stuff. I have decided that it is a good lesson not only for me but one to teach my girls as well. I am off school untill Monday so I am going to sit in my craft room and enjoy my yarns and movie collection untill I go back.

I finished my first charity project for this thread on December 26. It was a red chemo cap using Caron Simply Soft. I used the "slouchy beanie" pattern from CrochetSpot/Rene. Now I have started a cap for my church's clothes closet. I am using a pattern from October's Crochet World magazine. I am making it in magenta and petal pink (RHSS). I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow morning.

I haven't worked on any definite charity projects yet. I am working on a sampler afghan as I'm teaching some teens and other youth leaders at church to crochet, we're using the sampler afghan to learn stitches, so the afghan may go to a charity when finished.

Dorothy, I applaud you :clap:clap for going to school while working and raising kids. I did it for 9 years; part-time school, full-time work and over-time mom to get my teaching degree, but it was worth it.

Finished the 3 baby Packer hats I needed ( one more boy and 2 girls) and 4 baby Badger hats for the Rose Bowl. I did the girl hats in white with a red stripe and a little red rose. I'm dropping these off tomorrow at the hospital.

The hats are adorable!!!

Those hats are adorable. Reggie White was a favorite of mine. :) Are the footballs that are attached crocheted or are they buttons? Great job.

Joan

Thanks! Yes, the footballs are crocheted in brown (chain 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in the next, 2 dc in the third or middle chain, hdc in next, 2 sc in end, go to other side of chain, hdc in ch across from the other hdc, 2 dc in middle again, hdc in next, sc in last, slip stitch to beginning). After I sew them to the hat, I add the white striping.

Finished the 3 baby Packer hats I needed ( one more boy and 2 girls) and 4 baby Badger hats for the Rose Bowl. I did the girl hats in white with a red stripe and a little red rose. I'm dropping these off tomorrow at the hospital.

Cute hats!

Wow! So much going on! The hats are adorable (and all my favorite colors!)

Joan, Reggie White was amazing. Nobody can compare. Seemed like a nice guy too. You never know with celebs/athletes, but that's just the way people spoke of him.

Anyhow, I finished one cat mat and one bed this week. The bed has USMC fleece, and no, I didn't tuck in the ends on the mat before the picture, but I am counting it!

post-13802-135897722534_thumb.jpg

Finished my second item for Boxing Day 2012. Its a cap which will go to my church's clothes closet. I used RHSS magenta and petal pink. I want to make a matching scarf which I hope to start today.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year's :yay in case I don't get back on Crochetville today.

I think I might join in. Not sure how many charity items I will be making though. The only ones I've made before are one I mailed out. Iam making two afghans right now. I hope to find a local charity to bless with them when they are done.

Count me in!

:welcome Any thing that you do for charity counts. I will add you to the first post!!

Wow, you have already done a lot, especially with how busy your life is! Very nice!

Thank you! I am going to work on one of my many WIP that is for me for a little bit. I started an afghan about six months ago and it still isn't done. If there is a intrest I will post a picture of it.

Archived