Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Oh this sounds like fun! :yes May I join in?! I've pledged to make 441 rectangles for the Handmade Afghans Project, and I'm making some scarves for Special Olympics too. Let me make sure I have it straight, though. We start counting on the 26th & keep track for the entire year, right? :think

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh this sounds like fun! :yes May I join in?! I've pledged to make 441 rectangles for the Handmade Afghans Project, and I'm making some scarves for Special Olympics too. Let me make sure I have it straight, though. We start counting on the 26th & keep track for the entire year, right? :think

:welcome we do keep a running total then we see how much stuff we do as a group for charity all year!

I added and updated everyone!!!!

The ? after my name is going to be UBW Hats, scarves, and soap holders for the homeless and Baby Items

:cheer I can't wait to get started :cheer I want to be ahead of things this year :blush

René

At the risk of sounding strange what does UBW hats stand for? It has been a long day and I can't think.

:wreath Merry Christmas!

UBW - ugly but warm hat

I think it is a pattern of Dots under free patterns. It is an awesome pattern!

:cheerWe can Start:cheer.

Ok every one but me anyway. I got talked into building a Lego pirate ship last night. So I have to finish that today before I can do anything else. If I don't I will have a very upset little girl. Hubby has to build Hogwarts.

Here is the Pirate ship that one of the twins and I finished this morning. It is the Queen Anne's Revenge from the last Pirates of the Caribbean move. It is hard to believe the stuff you can make out of legos isn't it?

post-19553-13589772137_thumb.jpg

:D Hey they have a commercial where they build a full sized car out of legos.

I miss all my legos. Between a cousin of mine and I, we had enough assorted legos to build a complete castle, wall, out buildings, and weapons to fit the top of a standard sized pool table. We used the bumpers as a moat lol.

While I was cleaning up the living room I found a box of baby sweaters that just need buttons.. woohoo, I'm ahead of the game lol.

DH and the other twin finished Hogwarts Castle. Talk about a lot of little pieces. but the entire back of it is open so you can play with it. Both twins are happy for the moment. Now I get to make brekfast then I can crochet I hope.

post-19553-135897721383_thumb.jpg

post-19553-13589772139_thumb.jpg

Here is the Pirate ship that one of the twins and I finished this morning. It is the Queen Anne's Revenge from the last Pirates of the Caribbean move. It is hard to believe the stuff you can make out of legos isn't it?

[ATTACH]49317[/ATTACH]

DH and the other twin finished Hogwarts Castle. Talk about a lot of little pieces. but the entire back of it is open so you can play with it. Both twins are happy for the moment. Now I get to make brekfast then I can crochet I hope.

[ATTACH]49320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49321[/ATTACH]

Those are fantastic! My grandkids love their legos.

Question: Are we supposed to update every time we finish an item, or do it all at once at the end of the week?

We kinda just update when we feel like it. Pictures are great too. There are times when we are chatty and times when we are not so chatty.

[ATTACH]49320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49321[/ATTACH]

Wow, those are some fantastic creations. No wonder the twins are happy!

I want to say hi to everyone. I have been following this cal since I joined

in Sept. I love hearing what we all do to help so many groups that deserve

help. I am looking forward to joining you for the coming year. Its so nice

to hear about your WIP'S, and your enthusiasm for crochet.:yay

Archived