DesertCrocheter

2012 Crochetville Swap Schedule

I would like to join the November swaps. I think I might join all 3. I just have one question. The amount that you are to spend does that include things you already have and things you were given or just the things you buy? Thanx to whoever replies. :hug

Yup, as aunbubbels said, Crochetville limits people to two swaps at a time. This is to prevent people from accidentally overextending themselves in a frenzy of swapping fun, especially around holiday time.

The minimum or maximum per swap means that is the amount of money you must spend on buying items for your swap partner. If it's a maximum, try not to go over (we have some budget swaps); if it's a minimum, you must spend at least that amount. Anything else you put in is at your discretion. For the budget swaps, our non-official conclusion has been that if you have stuff in your stash you want to include, that's fine because you're not spending more than the maximum as you already own it, but you have to adhere to the maximum amount of whatever is being swapped.

Please make sure you read, understand, and are willing to abide by the guidelines for Crochetville swaps. They have been very carefully determined by Admin and the hostesses to prevent any swappers from being disappointed (e.g., being sent the kind of yarn they specifically asked not to get because they are allergic to it, like wool). We want everyone to have a great time swapping here on Crochetville, and a few rules helps that.

And be aware that the swaps change every year, so a particular swap from this year, e.g., the Hometown Swap which is going on right now, may not be back next year. Swaps run through mid-December, and then the new year of swapping starts in January. Please feel free to drop into and eavesdrop in any particular swap to get a feel for how things work, the kinds of items people send, but most of all, to be inspired. We have some amazingly talented and generous people on here! And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Patty, Crochetville Swaps Coordinator

Thank you so much DesertCrocheter. I think since I can only be in 2 swaps at a time I might not be in the one in November with a $25 minimum. The other two sound great. Thanks again!!!:hug

Hi breakmydreams. Decide which swaps you would like to join and when the thread for that swap gets opened up for sign ups, The first post will tell you what to do to join. There is a survey that needs filling out and sent to the swap co-ordinator. Have a read through one of the swap threads that are running now and read through the first and second post. The survey does not differ very much from swap to swap.

BE WARNED: Swaps are addictive fun!! :D

Swap surveys usually are posted 10-14 days before the swap starts. So the surveys for the swaps starting September 1 will be opened around Aug. 18 to 22 or so. Most surveys close 24-48 hours before they are due to start, in order to give the hostess enough time to pair people (so they close the 29th or 30th).

We have strict deadlines by which packages need to be sent and mailed, because we offer so many swaps and because they do overlap a bit in dates. Please make sure you will be able to follow the guidelines and meet each swap deadline by reading the Swap Guidelines thread, posted at the top of the swap forum.

Some of our swaps are to exchange yarn, others are to swap crocheted items, and others revolve around a particular theme and needn't involve yarn or a crocheted item at all, unless you the swapper want to. We also have a range of swaps from budget swaps to those with virtually no monetary limit.

And we're always open to suggestions, so if you have an idea, please feel free to contact me or one of the other hostesses with your idea. This year we are celebrating our Local Yarn Stores, and next year, we'll be--well, should I reveal early? Heck, why not?

Drum roll please! 2013 will be the Year of the Square! Stay tuned for an extra-special, nearly year-long way to build your square stash to start or finish your Crochetville friendship afghan!

Patty

Drum roll please! 2013 will be the Year of the Square! Stay tuned for an extra-special, nearly year-long way to build your square stash to start or finish your Crochetville friendship afghan!

Oh dear! Next year is going to be an expensive swap year :lol Looks like the numbers in our Friendship ghan CAL with swell too :D (She says... no harm in a bit of promotion :P)

The Year of the Square has been percolating around in my head for a couple of years because a number of swappers and posters have said they are working on Friendship 'ghans, and I wanted a way to help those 'ghans move along. So I've come up up with a way that I think will be fun (and cheap).

Stay tuned! And if you want to tell them over in the CAL that we'll be trying to help them along, that bit of cross-promotion would be great, too! I may pop in there with a little announcement when it goes live with the particulars, if the organizers don't mind.

Patty

Can't wait to see what next year will bring swap wise. I think I'm gonna do my first swap this year in November. Actually I'm gonna do my first two. The Stocking Stuffer and the Kiss Ornament one. Can't wait! :hug and happy :crocheting