DesertCrocheter

2012 Crochetville Swap Schedule

34 posts in this topic

The 2012 Swap Theme: Support your Local LYS!

We encourage all our swappers to support their local yarn store this year. Let’s all branch out, try some new yarns, meet other fiber enthusiasts, and explore new options for our crocheting passion.

January

Resolution Swap $25 minimum (nicolep) Jan. 15-Feb. 28 Let fellow ‘villers help you keep your New Year’s Resolution

KISS potholders (sahm2g1b) Jan.15-Feb.15

Notions $15 minimum (auntbubbels) Jan. 15-Feb. 15

February

Chocolate Swap $10-15 maximum (Tiffer93) Feb.1-28 Chocoholics unite!

Starts With A…. $25 minimum (Kidge) Feb. 1-Mar. 15 Stuff a package with items that begin with your partner’s screen name’s first letter

Hats, Hats, Hats (auntbubbels) Feb. 1-28 A new hat to brighten up the dark days of winter

March

Amigurumi (nicolep) Mar. 1-30 Crocheted cuteness

Scavenger Hunt $25 minimum (DesertCrocheter) Mar. 1-Apr. 15 Find items from a list that revolve around a theme, add in any other items that fit with that theme—but the theme is a secret for now!

April

Basket of Goodies $25 minimum (nicolep) Apr. 1-May 15 Make or buy a basket and fill it with goodies

KISS dishcloth (monchichi_bright) Apr. 1-30

Hooked on Crochet (auntbubbels) Apr. 1-May 15 Crochet hook, stitch markers, and a hook case exchange

May

Kitchen (Kidge) May 1-June 15 The perennial favorite returns—exchange crocheted items for the kitchen

Go Green $10-15 maximum May 1-June 15 (Tiffer93) Make a market bag and stuff it with eco-friendly items

Sock Yarn Swap $25 minimum May 1-June 15 (sahm2g1b) It’s not just for socks anymore

June

Purses and Totes (Mom4x) June 1-July 15 The perennial favorite returns!

My Favorite Yarn $20 minimum (DesertCrocheter) June 1-July 15 Get $20 worth of your favorite yarn type (cotton, wool, etc.) plus a free pattern that your partner chooses to showcase that yarn

July

Hometown Swap $20-25 minimum (tiffer93)July 1-Aug. 15 Send your partner a package that introduces the best of your state or town. Get to travel to another US state without leaving your chair. Craft fairs and farmers’ markets are a great source of local products.

Socks or Slippers July 1-30 (auntbubbels) One pair of socks or slippers

KISS granny squares (nicolep) July 1-30

August

Kit Swap $25 minimum (Kidge) Aug. 1-Sept. 15 The perennial favorite returns!

Filet Swap (tiffer93) Aug. 1-Sept. 15 Filet is fun, and a perfect summer project--get your thread on!

September

Shawl Swap (Kidge) Sept. 1-Oct. 15 Keep warm on the first chilly nights of autumn with a shawl made just for you

Tea Cozy Swap (DesertCrocheter) Sept. 1-Oct.15 Keep your tea pot warm—crochet it a cozy and exchange favorite teas and cookies

October

Winter Yarn Swap $25 minimum (nicolep) Oct. 1-Nov. 15 Fall, winter, and holiday yarn exchange

Scarf or Cowl Swap (auntbubbels) Oct. 1-Nov. 15 Wrap your neck in crocheted warmth

KISS Headbands (sahm2g1b) Oct. 1-30 Swap one headband or scrunchy

November

Holiday Gift Swap $25 minimum (auntbubbels) Nov. 1-Dec. 15

Stocking Stuffer $10 maximum (DesertCrocheter) Nov. 1-Dec. 15

KISS Ornaments (Mom4x) Nov. 1-30

Edited by nicolep

I'm excited to see the new year's swaps--i especially love the theme, supporting our LYS! Thanks for coordinating it all:)

Thanks, Kathy! I'd really love to see our swappers (and all of our members, whether they swap or not) venturing out to local yarn shops to make our presence as crocheters known. I think many might be surprised by the affordability of some yarns they find there. And, so importantly in today's economy, we'd be supporting a local business. We have three or four locally-owned small yarn shops here in Tucson that I have shopped at, but I'm going to make a concerted effort in 2012 to shop there a little bit more frequently to let them know that I don't want them to go the way of the local independent bookstores.

So I'm going to be encouraging my swappers to go visit a LYS. One new skein of a yarn I've never tried before would be a very exciting and welcome find in my swap box.

Patty

Filet swap!!!:clap:cheer perfect for me to design a new pattern around my swap partner...i have picked my limited swaps next year...filet, and stocking stuffer...:thinkhmm i get one more according to the household swap rules now which to choose:think

I have just printed this and am going to high lite the ones I want. Woo Hoo, :woolooks like a fun year.

Yes! I can't wait for this coming years swaps! I definately want to do at least one. Yipee! :cheer

I think the hometown swap looks so much fun! And I want to do the stocking stuffer swap! I can't wait!:hook

Edited by Lilly Flower

I foresee a lot of swaps in 2012 for me :D I already have my list of swaps that I want to do picked out :lol

:woo the swap list is up! and the stocking stuffer swap is back.(TY DesertCrocheter!) I see lots of fun looking swaps in here.... :U

What a great selection of swaps. Hope I can participate in a few more this coming year.

I love the spacing. It looks like there are a few months on and a few off so I can spread out my times to participate based on my interests.

Thanks for your comments, everyone. The hostesses worked hard on the schedule. I know there are probably some swaps that went into hiatus that people will miss (like the yarn swaps early in the year), but we wanted to try out some new ideas. I am hard at work on March's Scavenger Hunt, which in my head is super fun, so I hope it translates to reality well.

Please feel free to offer any opinions, ideas, comments, etc. to either me directly or the hostess of whatever swap you participate in. We want Crochetville swaps to be happy, fun, and positive experiences for everyone, so we welcome any feedback.

Hmm, maybe I need to devise some kind of survey people can take on surveymonkey?

Patty

Thanks for your comments, everyone. The hostesses worked hard on the schedule. I know there are probably some swaps that went into hiatus that people will miss (like the yarn swaps early in the year), but we wanted to try out some new ideas. I am hard at work on March's Scavenger Hunt, which in my head is super fun, so I hope it translates to reality well.

Please feel free to offer any opinions, ideas, comments, etc. to either me directly or the hostess of whatever swap you participate in. We want Crochetville swaps to be happy, fun, and positive experiences for everyone, so we welcome any feedback.

Hmm, maybe I need to devise some kind of survey people can take on surveymonkey?

Patty

I am sure the scavenger hunt swap will be great fun!

I love the swap ideas and hope to take part in a few of them. I was wondering though ... what does the KISS mean or stand for?

The KISS is Keep It Simple Swap. In other words it will only be what the swap is. A single pot hold or dish cloth or ornament.:hook

Thanks, TampaDoll, for explaining that. CrochetBoosh, we have a variety of swaps, from those at the higher end of the spectrum with a minimum of $25 required to be spent on the items, to the Keep It Simple Swaps, where literally the only thing exchanged is the specified item--a granny square or dishcloth, for example. No extra goodies allowed! It's a great way to start to build up enough squares for a friendship afghan, or to try your hand at something you may never have made or used before. We also have a number of swaps that fall in between--either a single item (like a shawl, which can involve quite a bit of yarn) or a monetary limit (like $10-$15). We try to space them out and have a variety offered at the same time, so that everyone can find a swap that fits their interests and their budgets.

I just signed up for the "Basket of Goodies" Swap and I'm pretty sure I'll be in the Swap "KISS granny squares" and "Stocking Stuffer" Swap and I might just might but probably not will be in the "Holiday Gift" Swap. I can't wait, I get my Basket of Goodies partner Sunday. I'm so excited!

I just noticed this on the site and just missed one that I wanted! I printed out the list so I can keep track of the upcoming swaps and watch out for them! I have never done a swap and can't wait!!!

I would like to join the November swaps. I think I might join all 3. I just have one question. The amount that you are to spend does that include things you already have and things you were given or just the things you buy? Thanx to whoever replies. :hug