Help with pattern

yarn kitty

Question

Hi,

This is the first time I have tried to make this pattern and I don't understand the instructions. I posted this about a month ago, but somebody got me even more confused when they misread the pattern, so I put it aside for a while and made the matching scarf. So, now I'm back to the hat.

Here's what the pattern says:

Round 1: Ch 3 (dc, ch 2, sc) in same ch as joining sl st (counts as first pattern repeat), *sk next 2 ch, (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch; repeat from * around; join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-3---29 pattern repeats.

Here's what I've done...tell me if this is correct.

I joined my chain to form ring and then chained 3. I did a dc, ch2, and sc in stitch where I joined to form ring. So, next I should skip 2 chains and then to 2 dc, ch2, and a sc? and follow this pattern all the way around and end up with 29 repeats?

Does this sound right?

Thanks for your help....I'm new to pattern reading and get confused easily.

Nance

8 answers to this question

You’re right you need to do a dc, ch2, and sc in the same ch as joining right in front of where the ch started and continue putting (2 dc, ch2, sc) in every third ch.

One more question: Should I be making my stitches in both loops or just the top loop? Thanks.

Yes that is right. You would just keep skipping 2 chains and doing the 2 dc, ch 2, 1 sc all the way around until you get to that chain 3 that you started with.

What are you making?

Archived