Caron Yarns bought by Spinrite

some1uno

National Spinning Company - located in Washington, NC - has sold the Caron division to the Canadian Spinrite company. That means Caron Simply Soft and the One-Pounders will slowing drift away and might even become part of Bernat. How sad :(! I used to work for this company years ago, and enjoyed it. I got into a position which allowed me to see all the aspects of how the yarn is manufactured from start to finish including the dying. Now the company is almost gone - laying off 120 employees - only leaving about 40 there. Fair warning - Buy up all the Caron Simply Soft you can!!!

You can read it here.

I enjoy working with caron yarns when I can find them. i live in a small

town and have to travel a couple of towns away just to buy yarns at a

walmart. I do order online at times,but postage is costly. I will be sorry

to see another company go under.

"The combination of two such exceptional product lines will ensure the future success of the Caron products our customers rely on for quality and value," said James W. Chesnutt, president and CEO, National Spinning Co. "The Simply Soft and One Pound brands are staple products in the hand-knitting and craft markets and will be outstanding additions to the extensive line of Spinrite's branded products."

to me - it reads as if they plan on keeping them the way they are.

I'm not sure even Spinrite knows yet exactly what they'll be doing with all of the Caron yarns over the long-term. At this point, Spinrite owns Bernat, Caron, and Patons.

I found out about this at the CGOA Board of Directors meeting on Monday afternoon, and was totally shocked.

spiritwalker - I do most of my shopping online as well. Check out Joanns.com. They have great sales and coupons for free shipping every month.

I have become addicted to buying from Joann.com especially when they have free shipping. Because of the good sales and free shipping I now have quite a stash of Caron's Pounders. It has really been nice to shop online this year as I have had health problems that prevented me from going out in the general public.

I have become addicted to buying from Joann.com especially when they have free shipping. Because of the good sales and free shipping I now have quite a stash of Caron's Pounders. It has really been nice to shop online this year as I have had health problems that prevented me from going out in the general public.

I also buy a good deal of my One Pounders there. When they have the sales with free or reduced shipping you can get a good supply on hand. I also find they carry colors our local shops don't have.

Archived