bigfunfam

Do you weave in ends as you go or after?

When do you weave in your ends?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. When do you weave in your ends?

• I do it as I go along.
    • I wait until the end.
    • I do both, whatever strikes my fancy.

Do you weave in your ends as you go along or do you wait until the end and then do it?

I have usually wait until the end and then dread weaving in all the ends. I really wish that I would just do it as I go along...:blush

Depends on what I'm working on. I've started to try to crochet over the tails as I go so that I only have the very last tail to weave in, but it's a new thing and I forget sometimes! Sure makes it easier when I DO remember!

I usually crochet over half the tail and then go back and weave them in the rest of the way.

I usually crochet over half the tail and then go back and weave them in the rest of the way.

This is what i often do...leaving the weaving in until i am SURE i will not have to rip back! It is pretty much impossible to rip out after the ends have been well woven in; i learned that the hard way!

I crochet them in as I go along. I find for myself this works. I hate having to go back and do it later.

I do both but it depends on what I'm working on. If it has a lot of ends I usually do it at the end and I dread it!

I do it both ways. I am the opposite of you Nira. If I have alot of ends, I tend to do them as I go, if just a few I may wait till it is finished. Sometimes it can seem like you spend more time weaving than crocheting.

I don't weave the ends in when I am designing as I may need to rip out and change it. If I have a design all worked out though, such as a motif design, and It's just repetitious than I will work the ends in as I go. I normally wait until I have a half dozen or so to do before stopping and working ends in. Then it's a much smaller job at the end.

But for the most part I end up waiting as I am always designing these days.

I crochet over my ends as I go. I hate weaving in ends.

I usually wait until the very end to weave everything in.

Depending on what I'm making, sometimes I'll stop in the middle and weave in what I can, that way I have less to do at the end, but that's only if I'm sure I won't have to frog anything I've done so far. :P

I try to do it as I go. I dread having to do all of them at the end. But yes it does make it difficult if it has to be redone. No matter what when I'm done I usaully have some I missed so I always have to give it a twice over to be sure :blush

I try to weave every few rows or rounds. Waiting until the end seems so tedious to me.

I crochet over my ends as I go .

I always used to wait, but everyone encourages you to weave as you go. So I thought I'd do it once, on a lacey shawl no less. Big BIG mistake. It was two pieces and I put together upside down. Of course I only noticed that AFTER I had joined, weaved and trimmed. It took me hours to get it apart.

Then only time I weave as I go is on individual motifs or grannie squares.

Kat

I crochet over my tails as I go along. It's a lot of work to go back and do it. So i do it all as i go.

I put both, but usually I wait til the end. I tell myself that I will NOT do that "next time" but most of the time I still do. I am making the Mosaic Hexagon Afghan and thankfully, I am weaving ends in as I go on this one. I told myself I cannot let another large project go without doing it as I go again. I spent a week trying to weave in all the ends in one afghan -- it also made me decide no more tiny motif afghans! ;)

I really hate weaving in ends. I do both methods. If possible, I crochet over the tails, but it really depends on what I'm making. Last year I was making a motif ghan and it had a ton of tails. It was the most complicated project I had made to date. I thought I'd make it easy and weave as I went...it didn't really lend itself to crocheting over the tails, I had to weave. I had to frog a lot at first and you know the rest. I said I'd never make that pattern again, but am currently working on another by request!:eek

I try to crochet over my ends when I can. I finished an African Flower afghan for a full size bed in September, and didn't weave in any ends until I was done, so now for something like that, I try to do it as I go along.

Depends on the project. I mostly try to weave in ends as I go but sometimes it depends on if I think I'll have to frog some stitches. And sometimes I just get lazy and will put it off until the end. :P

It depends on the item. I usually make smaller items (a lot of hats with two stripes, plus a SC trim that are a different colour) and I weave them all in at the ends.

I mostly crochet over them and leave a tiny bit to be cut. If I'm making something that would be a bit too much a hassle (maybe something real small), I would try to weave them in afterward.

This is what i often do...leaving the weaving in until i am SURE i will not have to rip back! It is pretty much impossible to rip out after the ends have been well woven in; i learned that the hard way!

Me, too!