I Create

Heart Design Scarf

Here is a scarf I designed and just finished. Will show it with and without the hearts. I haven't actually sewn the hearts on it yet. What do you think? **Should I put them on both ends or just the one end?** (editing to say, I will definitely put the hearts on at least one end, just wanted you to see the scarf without them first), but have been uncertain as to whether I should put them on both ends or just one. I've been doing hearts for coasters and my mind is designing half a dozen or more things to do with them while I make the coasters. :lol

post-23943-135897716404_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897716408_thumb.jpg

Edited by I Create

VERY NICE -- I love the hearts on the end like that! Very creative!

Hearts!!! :heart them! I say, make one of each style! :)

Add the hearts. It will look great and really personalize it for the lucky

person who will receive it as a gift.

I like it with the hearts like that, I think you should sew them on! Then you could make a whole scarf from the hearts....lots of them sewn together like that!!! The possibilities and combinations are endless!!!

Very pretty and I like the hearts.

I like it with the hearts like that, I think you should sew them on! Then you could make a whole scarf from the hearts....lots of them sewn together like that!!! The possibilities and combinations are endless!!!

I agree :)

It's beautiful with the hearts and I think I would prefer them on both ends. Love your scarf! :cheer

Thanks for the ideas and opinions. The poll is still open: Put them on one end or both? I am definitely going to sew the two on like you see in the picture, just wanted you to see it without first. But was wondering about both ends. I'm leaning towards one end.

The ideas really are endless......I have plans for several more with this heart theme. :crocheting

Heart scarf is done and I put them on one end only. It would have been too much to have them on both ends. It is kind of stiff because I used to strands of yarn and I think an I size hook. It would probably be softer if/when I wash it, but I folded the part around the neck to make a collar and it looks good like that!

I think one end is just right :) That end can be looped over to the front without two more hearts to bulk up the bottom....super cute scarf! :)

OMG! I use an N hook with 2 strands. If it's Red Heart maybe an M hook.

It's beautiful!

I love the hearts. I think it would look good both ways.

I like the hearts on the one end, like you said you did. I was also thinking that a scarf of just the hearts would be cute, too.

The scarf is nice with or without hearts. I prefer hearts on one end.

:) Correction: I used a J hook and I crochet fairly loose, though evenly. I was using an I hook for a hat and forgot. I like it with it folded over like a collar, but would use a larger hook for the 2 strands next time, too. I have rarely used 2 strands as I prefer using smaller hooks, and just tried the J.

I like the idea of having them on both sides as well. Plus the scarf made out of just the hearts is a super idea too!