What size hook for 2 strands WW?

Croshay

Question

15 answers to this question

2 strands and an I hook?!?!?!?!? Wow - that would KILL my hands.

It depends on the thickness of the yarn. I usually use an M or N with the thicker ww yarns and an L with the thinner ones.

Yes - they do make L hooks.

N isn't bad with 2 strands. And yup - there is an L. Joann Fabrics carries them in Boye brand as a single.

Joann's also carries the Susan Bates Bamboo handle one in L, M and N---and I have all three:lol (bought each with a 40 or 50% off coupon)

I have trouble manipulating those huge hooks, so I just use a J or K. I manage to loosen up my own tension and make it work, even with two strands. To me it is a lot easier than using the giant hooks. But others seem to have no problem with them. I think it is a matter of coordination! :D But to answer your question -- yes, there are L hooks. For larger hooks, I would recommend Jimbo's hand carved hooks. They are amazing! http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/ He actually has an L hook with a Christmas Tree ornament on the end -- very cute!

I had to come back to edit one of the hooks I recommended out. After looking at it, I decided I really needed it! Sorry but it was the egg shaped one and I think that might just help my old fingers. :) Not to worry, he has others and if you don't see what you want, he does take special orders too!

Edited by DebraKay

I usually use a K hook (but I tend to crochet a bit looser) when I do hats. So far I haven't used an L hook on hats (have used it on afghans and pet blankets with either two or three strands).

I agree, it could be a matter of tension also. Everyone crochets differently.

Hooks are L, M, N, P, Q, S and I am still looking for a reasonable U hook (saw one for $35, a bit pricey for just a plain old hook).

LI Roe