sewn soft doll (FREE pattern link included)

kookaloo_starr

I'm so happy with how this turned out I just had to share with you all.

Made from this free pattern - My Pretty Poppet.http://ghilie.wordpress.com/tutorials/

Poppet is a Nekomimi - a cat girl :cat She has a pose-able tail, stuffed with craft wire wrapped in ribbon with the ends looped over so there's no sharp ends.

I traced it out at 125% and she came out as 26" tall :D

Her arms and legs are jointed using metal shank buttons and dental floss (Mmmmm minty ;))

All materials were what I had in my stash so she has cost the grand total of £0 and lots of love :manyheart

her shoes are baby booties I made from free upholstery samples of faux suede. Her skirt and top are jersey with lace trim. No pattern for those.

For her hair I crocheted a wig base, pulled strands of yarn through like making tassels on a scarf all the way around the bottom and then made a chain the length of her head from forehead to nape adding strands of yarn to each side for her ponytails. The chain made up her centre parting.

She will be a Giftmas present for my 3 year old granddaughter, Lily.

Thanks for looking :)

post-14036-135897715802_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897715808_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897715816_thumb.jpg

:cheerWhat an awesome job!! She will surely love it!!

(I've jointed with dental floss only once, but find beading string to be even stronger and less stretchy. Some use sinew thread. Fire Mountain Gems sells artificial sinew. Everyone has their own preference for what to use for jointing but I thought I'd share this tidbit with you.)

Thanks for all the positive feedback :D

(I've jointed with dental floss only once, but find beading string to be even stronger and less stretchy. Some use sinew thread. Fire Mountain Gems sells artificial sinew. Everyone has their own preference for what to use for jointing but I thought I'd share this tidbit with you.)

Thanks for that tip :D I have beading string in my stash too so I won't be at a loss if I run out of floss.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived