What's up from Bham

DKN205

Hello!

I'm new to the village. I reside in Birmingham. I was taught all the basic stitches from my mother when I was 23 but I didn't pick up the hook until the age 41 ( this year).

Since I picked up the hook I haven't put it down. So far I've made hats, scarves, and purses. What I really want to learn how to make is booties for the new addition to my family.:crocheting

Welcome -- I live just across the state line in NW Florida. I know what you mean about letting crochet skills sort of go dormant and then all of a sudden you surge and can't stop making things! I've had two surges so far -- although an injury/surgery to my elbow has slowed me down a great deal, I'm still trying to keep up the crochet. I have a feeling it is here to stay this time. Hope you enjoy the 'Ville!

I grew up in the Birmingham area (go Hueytown High!) but haven't lived there since the early 70s. I do have family there and visit regularly. Welcome. B'ham is a crochet-friendly city, as I remember. Glad you're with us, Deborah!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived