2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, didn't anyone buy yarn this week? I sure hope I don't win the Shoot the Moon award for a measly -4!

:manyheart

that would have been the pitss...but... I think....

Everyone should be safe this week... 56 skeins of clearence yarn followed me home from JoAnn and another 32 skeins in kits I ordered...88 skeins for the week!!!! Luckily I used 8 skeins finishing a ghan.

WTD -160

YTD -144

I'll do scores as soon as I can in the morning.

Everyone GO BUY YARN quick! :lol

Oh, man - I thought for sure I was going to shoot the moon this week! Thanks Braxxi... :rofl

As I posted before, my aunt sent 2 bags of yarn home with my sister-in-law and it was delivered to me on Thursday. Lots of fun!! As my daughter and I counted it up, we discovered there are 44 skeins and 3 balls... I haven't used any of the "new" yarn up yet (although I have started...) and the most I used up was 3 balls of my "old" yarn on my granny square afghan... ;)

I have to say, even though my score is now negative (both wtd and ytd) I am VERY PROUD of it - because I have not purchased ANY yarn this year AT ALL! I have been very fortunate that others who have decided to clean out their closets gave me what they didn't need and/or want. :manyheart

Without any further ado - here are my stash-busting scores for the

Week Ending 6-2-2012

WTD -88 / YTD -27

I waited until late late to post my score for the week ending June 2, 2012. Boy, am I glad I waited. No not because I bought more yarn because I haven't. But because I finished my third washcloth and in doing so I finished a whole skein of yarn. So with the ball I made earlier this week added to the skein I used . . .drum roll, please . . .

WTD: +3 YTD: -62

I just looked at last year's ending score and it was a -45. I am determined this year's ending score will be in the positive. Even if it is just a +1.:lol Have fun everyone this coming week playing in your new or old yarn.!!!!!

Everyone should be safe this week... 56 skeins of clearence yarn followed me home from JoAnn and another 32 skeins in kits I ordered...88 skeins for the week!!!! Luckily I used 8 skeins finishing a ghan.

WTD -160

YTD -144

I'll do scores as soon as I can in the morning.

You saved me!

Oh, man - I thought for sure I was going to shoot the moon this week! Thanks Braxxi... :rofl

As I posted before, my aunt sent 2 bags of yarn home with my sister-in-law and it was delivered to me on Thursday. Lots of fun!! As my daughter and I counted it up, we discovered there are 44 skeins and 3 balls... I haven't used any of the "new" yarn up yet (although I have started...) and the most I used up was 3 balls of my "old" yarn on my granny square afghan... ;)

I have to say, even though my score is now negative (both wtd and ytd) I am VERY PROUD of it - because I have not purchased ANY yarn this year AT ALL! I have been very fortunate that others who have decided to clean out their closets gave me what they didn't need and/or want. :manyheart

Week Ending 6-2-2012

WTD -88 / YTD -27

I am impressed! I don't even aspire to be in the + side at the end of the year..ok I secretly wish I would be :lol.

But, to not have bought any new yarn? WOW!

Here we go!!!

Ellie 13 +10 ~~ Gold Medal

HollyzHobbyz +8 and Pineknott +8 ~~ Silver Medal tie!

greyhoundgrandma +4 and Shannart +4 ~~ Bronze Medal tie!

FrLopLady +3

tnkycrochet +3

Izabelka +2

marpan79 +2

Needle Arts +2

walker1021 +2

yarn geek +2

PBLKNP +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +0

Cathoms +0

cshort +0

prettywoman030981 +0

dragonpuck -2

CLLinda -4

Crabby Rat -88

Braxxi -160 ~~ Shoot the Moon!! (again - lol)

Congratulations everyone!!! Job well done.

I really did not think my +3 would win a medal. But much to my surprise :eek two of us missed by +1 point and five missed it by +2 points. Wow!!!! Braxxi congratulations on being the "Shoot the Moon" winner.

I am impressed! I don't even aspire to be in the + side at the end of the year..ok I secretly wish I would be :lol.

But, to not have bought any new yarn? WOW!

I agree!

Linda--glad you didn't shoot the moon with a measly four!

I was surprised 4 got me a bronze tie!

Scores look great, Braxxi! I didn't get much :crocheting done last week because I joined a book discussion group at the library for the book "The Help". This is my third time reading it and I saw the movie three times too.

But I have less than 100 pages left, so maybe my score will be better this week.

Week Ending 6-2-2012

WTD -88 / YTD -27

Isn't it so great to have friends and family that pass along any unwanted or unneeded yarn. Every once in a while I am the happy recipient of yarn or hooks that people have found when cleaning out a loved ones home or their own closets. Love it!!

Isn't it so great to have friends and family that pass along any unwanted or unneeded yarn. Every once in a while I am the happy recipient of yarn or hooks that people have found when cleaning out a loved ones home or their own closets. Love it!!

Absolutely! I was "planning" on my score just increasing in the positives all year, as I wasn't "planning" to acquire any new yarn this year - maybe I should not "plan" on winning the lotto - do you suppose the same could happen, and I could just be the happy recipient of other people's unwanted lotto winnings??? :rofl I'm very happy to be in the negatives and not have it reflected in my pocketbook, I can assure you of that! :manyheart

I went to Walmart for household supplies yesterday and when I got to the check out I found a stowaway:yarn in my basket. Of course I couldn't just leave it stranded there:no so my weekly score at this point is -2.

I went to Walmart for household supplies yesterday and when I got to the check out I found a stowaway:yarn in my basket. Of course I couldn't just leave it stranded there:no so my weekly score at this point is -2.

I can't believe how far those little guys can jump! Right into your basket!

Only one? My stowaways usually bring the whole family!

:rofl I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't leave the stowaways in the basket..but I foresee a possible HL stop today..I hate to think of the stowaways that can jump in from there!

:rofl I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't leave the stowaways in the basket..but I foresee a possible HL stop today..I hate to think of the stowaways that can jump in from there!

That place is notorious for those stow aways. Just stay away from the clearance yarn and you should be safe. Like that will happen! LOL!

It's really hard for me to drive by HL on the way home from the gym and not stop in.

It's really hard for me to drive by HL on the way home from the gym and not stop in.

I have to say, I'm really proud of myself...I was in Hobby Lobby "twice" yesterday and didn't bring home any yarn! :eek I was busy looking at supplies for a wedding and resisted the temptation! :hook

:woo Gold medal with + 10 :woo

I used a ball (+1), but at the end of this week I might be on the minus side. A co-worker wants me to make her the Lion Brand Eight-Pocket Tote. I'm not sure what color she wants. Maybe I can get her to buy the :yarn, that way I'll only have to charge her for my time. Now that I have a project, I can give up working on Christmas stuff :lol.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 48

Ellie 13

That place is notorious for those stow aways. Just stay away from the clearance yarn and you should be safe. Like that will happen! LOL!

Not sure if I was happy or not..but didn't make it to HL. The closest one is 2 hours away. This one is 20 minutes from my dd though she is 3 hours away..but she has my grandkids... priorities!

Archived