2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.......so I've been off shopping again at Joann.com. The RH Classic was on sale for 1.60, so I plumped the order up to free shipping with a couple of colors there that I love, emerald and orange, but don't buy because of the cost. Some of that will be used as soon as it comes in, but that still isn't helping de-stash.

Maybe we need a re-stashing challenge. I would shine at that! :rofl

It is HARD to not re-stash when we are forced to "plump the order up to free shipping" :rofl.

I did the same thing today. I had to order a few skeins of 2 colors of RHSS from Joann.com and, of course, I had to keep adding skeins to get to the free shipping. And some great sales means it takes even more skeins to get to $50 :dance

Ohh yeah...something tells me this is not a stashbusting kind of week!

I found a coupon code online for free shipping at $40, so I didn't have to plump to $50. I'm really glad though to get the Classic Emerald. It's about half way between spring green and paddy. I wish they made it in a super saver. And the orange is a real yellow-orange that fits in nicely in color sequences. Any excuse will do.

My girlfriend dropped by yesterday with a small box of yarn for me: 7 skeins and a ball which she got for almost nothing at a yard sale.

That is -15 at the beginning of the week, with 24 skeins ordered from JoAnn's which may or may not arrive before Saturday, along with new Crystalite hooks. Some of mine are broken or loaned out and not returned. I like to keep these for plane trips...no metal, no fuss with the anti-terrorist brigade at the airport ;)

Does anyone know what yarn this is? It feels like Red Heart and I love the colors, but I didn't see this varigated on their website?

post-52109-135897774186_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what yarn this is? It feels like Red Heart and I love the colors, but I didn't see this varigated on their website?

I had some of this at one time and I believe it is Red Heart, but not sure what they named it.

I was out of town this weekend so my score wasn't listed. No biggie. A zero is a zero. lol

it is red heart starbright

a shame its not on the shelves or at their site anymore

You are right! And it was a nice color to work with.

:manyheart

Excuse me Braxxi, but I thought this was a "Stash Busting" thread and not a "Stash Adding" thread. Just kidding. I know when it's on sale it is hard to pass up. My hubby and I have a hard time passing up sales as our philosophy is, "It will keep at home just as easily as at home." I order most of my yarn online (Joann.com mainly) and when they through in "Free Shipping" that is just too good to pass up. Which right now Joann.com has ALL of their yarn 30% off and free shipping for orders of $50 or more. Temptation!!! Temptation!!!

Excuse me Braxxi, but I thought this was a "Stash Busting" thread and not a "Stash Adding" thread. Just kidding. I know when it's on sale it is hard to pass up. My hubby and I have a hard time passing up sales as our philosophy is, "It will keep at home just as easily as at home." I order most of my yarn online (Joann.com mainly) and when they through in "Free Shipping" that is just too good to pass up. Which right now Joann.com has ALL of their yarn 30% off and free shipping for orders of $50 or more. Temptation!!! Temptation!!!

LOL! I'm definetely on the race to the bottom this year! My friend told me I am no longer a yarn addict...I am now a yarn junkie!

Man, I wish Knitpicks would do 30% off and free shipping right now.... Wait. No, I don't. I'm trying to get projects finished up and packed up, and if I buy more yarn my husband will roll his eyes at me!

Though it would help me stock up for my Rose Window afghan project... :dreaming

Okay, I'm game. Too late to start playing? Maybe this will motivate me to get working!!

Welcome!! I see that you are from Americus. I stayed there at a B & B a couple of times. Loved your little town.

Finished a pounder last night!!! The best part?? I had no clue I was that close to using it up. I try so hard not to look at them while crocheting. Weird, I know, but it makes me feel like I'm going nowhere with those large things.

finally got yarn to submit into a hat. Frogged it in total once. But, didn't use up the entire ball. +1

finished off a skein on my wool/acrylic eater :lol Have another one that is close!

wtd +3 ...so far

Thanks Braxxi! Now I just hope my Joann' order comes this week :lol

In an attempt to keep my numbers down, in spite of being gifted yarn earlier this week and expecting Joann's, I have been working on projects every spare moment.

So far I have used 4 balls and turned 2 skeins into balls :cheer:clap:cheer.

It is my charity crochet mailing week...so I will be mailing out baby booties within the states and squares for blankets to South Africa. It will be nice to get rid of some of what I've been making to create more space :tup

Tis the season to crochet lots of gifts!

HERE I GO AGAIN!!!!

Brought home 48 skeins of clearance yarn again! :blush

Thanks!! Now I can get those few skeins I need to finish projects!!!

I am also glad that you live close to wherever you are getting clearance yarn and I don't. It's obviously a very dangerous place :devil

MY lovely + score will go away later this week as I have Yarn for a baby RR on the way and need some baby weight for a charity project

I will be posting this weeks scores at around 8 am mountain time.

Finished a pounder last night!!! The best part?? I had no clue I was that close to using it up. I try so hard not to look at them while crocheting. Weird, I know, but it makes me feel like I'm going nowhere with those large things.

It's like the watched pot not boiling!

I haven't made any progress finishing a skein...maybe because I'm working on 4 different things.

Okay, I'm game. Too late to start playing? Maybe this will motivate me to get working!!

Welcome to the group! I put your name on the list on page 6. If you have questions, please feel free to ask!

:manyheart

Archived