2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I rolled 5 skeins down to balls today!!!! I'm FINALLY over halfway through with my sweetheart afghan. I HAVE to get it done by the 20th of next month!!! It feels like a never ending afghan!!!!

But it'll be so pretty when you get finished!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome!! I see that you are from Americus. I stayed there at a B & B a couple of times. Loved your little town.

I lived in Americus for a time. I LOVED it. I'm originally from Albany. I HATED it. LOL. Now I live in Maysville. I really should update my info...lol

I have about 4 projects going at once: an emerald green beret, a green/orange/camo blanket, a pink vest, and a potholder. Yes, a potholder. All of our cookware is cast iron and our potholder keep poofing into thin air. Attempted one last night...after about 3 rows, it became a bracelet for my housemate's daughter. I figure I'll try again today. I swear I have craft ADD!!

I didn't crochet or knit last night at all. I just watched TV and relaxed. It's been a really hectic week.

:manyheart

I didn't crochet or knit last night at all. I just watched TV and relaxed. It's been a really hectic week.

:manyheart

I skipped Zumba last night, came home to dinner in the crockpot (thanks to my honey :)), crocheted for maybe an hour, then decided to become a couch potato. Just wasn't having a good day. My honey woke me up around 10, I think, and asked if I was going to bed. Guess we all need a no brainer night every now and then.

Y'all sound about like me. I travel quite a bit because I model, so when I'm home I typically become a vegetable. With no gigs until next week, I've become restless. I can hardly hold still and focus on crocheting.

I've more or less taken off the whole week, working lackadaisically on two projects and a third frustrating one. I've got some frogging to do on that one at work.

After the dentist today I dropped by Walmart to pick up something to bring to work for supper, and dropped by the clearance bin. 8 more RHSS - 4 dark sage, 1 stray aspen print, and 3 cherry chip cola, or something like that. I always thought that one looked dreadful in the online swatches, but it was really nice in person. I have a small truckload of dark sage by now. I better think of some projects for it ASAP.

So with my earlier +2, I'm at -14 for the week. Again. And the Joann order scheduled for delivery next week.

I'm resigned. I'll stash bust next year.... But I just can't walk by RHSS at $1.50.

During lunch, I finished :crocheting squares together for a baby afghan, all I needed was the border :cheer. A co-worker asked how much, I said $25. She said "Can you add some more rows and make it 3 ft. X 4 ft. I'll pay $35 for it." So now I have to make 12 more squares (2 rows). The good thing is, I might use up some of the balls I have left from the original squares. $35 doesn't hurt either :lol. I've been using RHSS 14 oz. skein, I hope I can roll it down or use it up by Sat.

WTD : 0 YTD: + 78

Ellie 13

:lol

Ok, I just checked the Joann site for the name of my new color for my own satisfaction. It's still out in the car. It's Cherry Cola. Cherry Chip is different. There was some of that one there too, but I rejected it. You know I really, really didn't like it if I ignored it in a clearance bin! I guess I was just remembering one huge generically "cherry" fuzzball of yarn!

I have about 4 projects going at once: an emerald green beret, a green/orange/camo blanket, a pink vest, and a potholder. Yes, a potholder. All of our cookware is cast iron and our potholder keep poofing into thin air. Attempted one last night...after about 3 rows, it became a bracelet for my housemate's daughter. I figure I'll try again today. I swear I have craft ADD!!

I've made this potholder a number of times. It folds into itself as you progress to made two thicknesses and is a tight stitch. Not real fast to make, but I really like it.

http://www.mielkesfarm.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

I've made this potholder a number of times. It folds into itself as you progress to made two thicknesses and is a tight stitch. Not real fast to make, but I really like it.

http://www.mielkesfarm.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

Oh, this is fun to make!! Thanks for bringing it to the front of my brain again. Lol

Shannart and everyone else. That small ball of yarn Shannart had that she did not recognize and some said it was RH Starbright but believed it was no longer being made. I agreed it was Starbright and also thought it was not being made any longer. Well, I just accidentally discovered it is still being made. I was checking Joann.com as they have all their yarn at 30% off. I decided to check RH Classic as it's $1.60 a skein right now and there it was - Starbright. So I decided to check the Red Heart website and found it in their Classic yarn. I don't think I would have found it in their website as in the picture it looks paler than the picture Shannart printed of it. Luckily I was just quickly reading the names of any variegated yarn that was shown and caught the word "Star." So I took a second look at it and it was the Starbright. The picture of it on Joann.com looks just like the picture Shannart posted. Joann.com also has free shipping on orders of $50 or more until tomorrow. Do you think they will be selling quite a bit of Starbright?

did you know Caron has baby one pound skeins... :eek and then there was this cool sparklie stuff.....

-5 :lol

Used up a skein. I bought a skein of that craft smart value. I didn't like the feel necessarily of the yarn on the skein, but it wasn't to bad to work with actually. Will give my final verdict on it after it's washed.

gee,I feel guilty buying two skeins at times,can't even imagine those +++ skeins jumping in my cart

This. :lol If I buy more than two skeins at a time, the only way I don't feel guilty is if I'm using a gift card (which only happened once) or if I'm buying for a project that's going to be a present. And sometimes even then I feel guilty!

Shannart and everyone else. That small ball of yarn Shannart had that she did not recognize and some said it was RH Starbright but believed it was no longer being made. I agreed it was Starbright and also thought it was not being made any longer. Well, I just accidentally discovered it is still being made. I was checking Joann.com as they have all their yarn at 30% off. I decided to check RH Classic as it's $1.60 a skein right now and there it was - Starbright. So I decided to check the Red Heart website and found it in their Classic yarn. I don't think I would have found it in their website as in the picture it looks paler than the picture Shannart printed of it. Luckily I was just quickly reading the names of any variegated yarn that was shown and caught the word "Star." So I took a second look at it and it was the Starbright. The picture of it on Joann.com looks just like the picture Shannart posted. Joann.com also has free shipping on orders of $50 or more until tomorrow. Do you think they will be selling quite a bit of Starbright?

I just got the order I placed with JoAnn's, and then placed another order...which included 6 skeins of the Starbright :lol. This week I think I used my budget for yarn the rest of the year, but I purchased skeins for projects I know I have coming up

Since posting earlier this week I have used up 3 more balls and rolled 2 more skeins into balls. I think I may get thru 2 or 3 more balls before end of day tomorrow.

And I received my 24 skeins from JoAnn's and purchased 4 skeins at the LYS. 2 of them are locally grown, hand-dyed skeins of Bluefaced Leicester/Silk Blend. I love the local, natural fiber yarns and try to purchase them a couple times a year to contribute to keeping them in business ;) This yarn feels yummy:manyheart

Current total this week is -60; I will post final numbers tomorrow...maybe I should work on double-stranded hats or my double-stranded afghan to work this down a little more :hook

As for buying the large quantities of yarn, at this point in my life, I consider it a retirement investment. I hope I'll actually get to retire in a few years, and since funds will really be limited then, and I can't imagine yarn getting any cheaper in years to come, I will be glad to have this clearance yarn hanging around so I can continue crocheting. Also, I don't always buy at this relentless pace. Really, I don't! It's just that some good sales and clearances have all happened at once.

At the moment, I'm at -12 (if I remember. I'm at work and don't have my notebook with me.) I'll probably use up another couple of balls by tomorrow night, but no more. I'm working on multiple projects, all using full skeins of RHSS.

Question sparked by Donna's comment on multiple projects with the RHSS skeins, and also staring at what I'm working on tonight:

I know that probably most of us are working on more than one project at a time - but how close to literally do you take that? I just realised that pretty much every night this week, I've been working on three projects. As in, they are all sitting next to me on the couch, and I'm doing, say, twenty or thirty minutes on one and going "Oh man, oh man, I want to work on that one now!" and then doing another 20-30 and then it's "oh man, I need to get all these done, I better switch!" and then doing that over again.

This is probably the worst I've ever gotten. In the past I usually just stuck to one a night. :P I'm hoping once I get a few things *completed* I can calm down and start working like a rational person again instead of a crazy one?

Right now, I have squares at work, something I will probably continue to do. At home I usually work on one at a time, but I am finishing up the lapghan I dropped at the start of the Olympics (about half a round of sc border to go on that and it's done, ends already woven in). I've also been asked to do two for a co-worker and I got a start on those to get past the bits of the pattern I have to actually read and to test colors. By Monday, I should be back to working on one. I have more just started, but they were pattern tests that I've set aside to work through one at a time.

Hey guys I'm back. :cheer :cheer :cheer I hadn't crocheted in a long time after the weather here started getting hot. Now that it's starting to cool down (way early in the year. not a good sign for winter) I'm back at the hook. Killed one ball this week and working on two others as well as a skein. But I probably won't get those killed by tonight.

Progress is progress. At least I haven't added anymore to my stash.

WTD: +1 YTD: +2

Archived