2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got in some crochet time last night :clap I didn't quite make it halfway through the skein, so I can't count it for anything yet. But, if I have time tonight....it'll definitely become a ball :lol So, I think before having to post scores tomorrow....I might just get myself a +1 :lol

I feel like a slacker next to this group :think

So, I think before having to post scores tomorrow....I might just get myself a +1 :lol

That's my thinking, too! I'm going to see if I can get through another skein between tonight and Saturday... :crocheting

:eek Resisting the urge to spend the $35 I have in Amazon gift cards on yarn. MUST. NOT. BUY. MORE. YARN!!! I've been going on every day for a few weeks, adding yarn to my cart, talking myself out of it, leaving it in the cart, coming back the next day to delete it, get back on later, add yarn, rinse and repeat. :help:goodorbad

:eek Resisting the urge to spend the $35 I have in Amazon gift cards on yarn. MUST. NOT. BUY. MORE. YARN!!! I've been going on every day for a few weeks, adding yarn to my cart, talking myself out of it, leaving it in the cart, coming back the next day to delete it, get back on later, add yarn, rinse and repeat. :help:goodorbad

I didn't know they had yarn on Amazon. I learn something every day.

:manyheart

Oh boy, that's a tough one :lol Be careful, I have a feeling it's going to get the best of you :eek

Oh boy, that's a tough one :lol Be careful, I have a feeling it's going to get the best of you :eek

I think it will too. Especially since it's not money out of my pocket spent. I'm going to preorder a book but need like $10 worth of stuff to get the free shipping....REALLY trying to not get yarn with what I need to add on. uggg. As it is, I'm sitting here waiting for UPS to deliver 11 frackin skeins of yarn for the blankets I will be starting today that will take me a month or more to finish!! :eek

I have a sneaky feeling I'll be shoot the moon this week. :oops

I just swapped 7 skeins of yarn for a stack of Christmas oven mitts, pot holders, and kitchen towels, and I used up a ball of yarn this week..I actually got a lot of crocheting done this week, but I was using bits of scraps, so I still have to finish the balls they came from.:hook

I am going to post my score for this week today. Yesterday I started working on a lapghan for a man from my church who is very sick and may just have 6 more months to live. His wife is in my Sunday School class. This past year while I was battling cancer she sent food several times to my hubby and I. I decided to do something extra special for them. Plus I plan on sending food to them in the coming days and weeks. I am making it in RHSS Cherry Red, Royal Blue, and White as he is a veteran. I am using full skeins and trying to crochet as fast as I can but I doubt if I will use up enough yarn between today and tomorrow to count in this week's totals. So here is my total for the week ending January 14, 2012:

WTD: 2

I am joining you just a little late in the year... ok..2 weeks. But you can buy a lot of yarn in just 2 weeks, right? Yep. :eek

Anyway, I am not going to count the yarn I just bought for the 2012 Crochet CAL at Ravelry, because well, I bought it before I joined you here right? Good thing too. So, I'm going to get going tonight to see if I can't use up at least one skein before tomorrow night. :yes I WILL count what I bought today if I don't find the receipt to return 4 of them (the colors rejected by mom). So, I'm already starting out at -1 (for the one I did need).

I finally got in some crochet time last night :clap I didn't quite make it halfway through the skein, so I can't count it for anything yet. But, if I have time tonight....it'll definitely become a ball :lol So, I think before having to post scores tomorrow....I might just get myself a +1 :lol

I feel like a slacker next to this group :think

:lol you and me both! I still haven't gotten even to the ball stage yet. :hug

That's my thinking, too! I'm going to see if I can get through another skein between tonight and Saturday... :crocheting

I'm thinking maybe I'll work some on the magic ball afghan - I might be able to get a ball used up!! :lol

You'd be amazed at all the "other" awesome stuff on Amazon! Try looking up crochet books, if you don't want to add any more yarn to your stash... or looking up just about anything else you can think of! :manyheart I just got some reeds for my son this week - he plays the clarinet... Of course, if you did order the yarn, it wouldn't be delivered until next week, so it wouldn't be added in with what you got for the two blankets... :devil

I just swapped 7 skeins of yarn for a stack of Christmas oven mitts, pot holders, and kitchen towels, and I used up a ball of yarn this week..I actually got a lot of crocheting done this week, but I was using bits of scraps, so I still have to finish the balls they came from.:hook

Woo Hoo!! A win-win-win scenario!! :yes I told my 17 year old son (who crochets! :crocheting) that anytime he wants to come shopping at the LYS of MOM, he is more than welcome!! :D

Well, my yarn came. Now I'm sitting at -18 for the week. *sigh*

...but what a way to go!! :yarn

I am going to post my score for this week today. Yesterday I started working on a lapghan for a man from my church who is very sick and may just have 6 more months to live. His wife is in my Sunday School class. This past year while I was battling cancer she sent food several times to my hubby and I. I decided to do something extra special for them. Plus I plan on sending food to them in the coming days and weeks. I am making it in RHSS Cherry Red, Royal Blue, and White as he is a veteran. I am using full skeins and trying to crochet as fast as I can but I doubt if I will use up enough yarn between today and tomorrow to count in this week's totals. So here is my total for the week ending January 14, 2012:

WTD: 2

I'll keep you and your friends in my prayers!! :hug

I am joining you just a little late in the year... ok..2 weeks. But you can buy a lot of yarn in just 2 weeks, right? Yep. :eek

Anyway, I am not going to count the yarn I just bought for the 2012 Crochet CAL at Ravelry, because well, I bought it before I joined you here right? Good thing too. So, I'm going to get going tonight to see if I can't use up at least one skein before tomorrow night. :yes I WILL count what I bought today if I don't find the receipt to return 4 of them (the colors rejected by mom). So, I'm already starting out at -1 (for the one I did need).

:welcome

Just seven? You can do better than that!

:manyheart

:rofl I'm pacing myself.

That's it?? I can do that at Walmart! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Me, too, but these were just a clearance bin rescue and rehoming.

It looks like Michael's is selling Sugar'n Cream for $1 each this coming week...:eek:devil

:welcome, neighbor! Rules and instructions are in the first post, if you haven't had a chance to read them yet.

:think I noticed that you mentioned buying skeins but didn't note that you'd used up any yarn. If this is the case, your score would be -2 for the skein you're keeping (full skeins count as 2 points).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We're a pretty helpful and friendly bunch. :)

Made a hat with the end of a skein and finished another and made a ball for a +3

making me -1 so far this week..

I will be even or + this week...I will I will I will.... maybe time to work on the scrap ghan again :cheer

All the well laid plans of mice and men...i bought a skein today..grrr but i did make 2 balls on a shawl. I might get one of them used up yet. So im still at -1 lol. If only i hadnt bought that skein today. Sigh..

Welcome!:hi

Does it count that I used 1/3 each of 3 different skeins. lol. j/k. I'm hoping to get at least to the point of using up enough of those 3 skeins to make balls today. I'm determined to get these blankets done in a reasonable amount of time. We'll see if I can get them both done by the end of the month! :)

It's been a week since I've been here. I bought 5 more skeins for the Vanna White contest (-10) :sigh. But, I :crocheting a lot this week. Used 3 of them and rolled one down (+7) :cheer. My afghan's almost finished :clap. If I can find out how to post pics, I'll try it. I also made a 6 ft. scarf for a friend (she's 5' 10" and likes long scarves). Used 1 skein and 2 balls (+4) :cheer.

WTD: + 1 YTD: - 3

:woo Positive score :cheer

Ellie 13

I've been :crocheting away but haven't used up any more skeins. One of my DD's did raid my stash again & took 1 full skein & 2 balls, so adding another +4 to my total. Hopefully, I'll finish off a few more skeins myself by tonight.

Ya know, I have 2 daughters who are constantly raiding my stash (mostly scraps) but I still end up in the negative since I tend to buy lots of yarn! :devil

Archived