New Walmart Opening

diamond

There's a new WalMart Supercenter opening near me on Wed. (Sept 14th). I'm so excited. I hated having to go into Broward county or traveling at least a half hour to get to the closest one to me. This new one is about 10 minutes away! Only bad thing, Wed is the day I have my surgery so I won't be able to go to the Grand Opening. But it'll be open when I feel up to going!! I'm so excited. :yay

• 4 weeks later...

WHAAAA?? regular walmart?? do they still HAVE those?? ha ha. its been like 5 years since ive stepped inside a regular walmart. i think it was in globe, AZ. i remember thinking that it reminded me of K-Mart...

this state is littered with old regular walmarts that have since been turned into churches/car lots/torn down...its funny to see a building and you can totally tell it used to be a walmart.

super walmart has lots of yarn, but you'll probably leave a little dissapointed every time you go to look...unfortunatly we no longer have specialty fabric/craft stores around here so walmart's all we got. dang, i dont even remember the yarn selection at regular ol' walmart.

unfortunatly we no longer have specialty fabric/craft stores around here so walmart's all we got. dang, i dont even remember the yarn selection at regular ol' walmart.

wonder if walmart was the reason you lost your specialty fabric/craft stores. their famous for driving small business under and for driving down wages and benefits as well. i'm not knocking the millions of folks who love walmart. i'm just not so sure they're aware of the damage a walmart actually brings to their communities.

down here the super wal-mart has less yarn / hooks etc...... the only ones that seem to keep a good sized craft department are the ones that were retrofitted.

you are so lucky we only have a small shop that sells wool and it is more expensive over here supewrmarkets do not do it i have just come back from florida and found joanns and michaels all i can say is wow

I go to Walmart Supercenters all across the country.Each one carries different yarns,I guess whatever the department head decides sells best.They all also clearence different yarns.

At the WMS in Billings,MT,yesterday,they had Lionbrand Woolease chunky,which I haven't seen at other stores.Their Redheart Supersaver was also $2.06,instead of $2.17 that I normally see.They also had 1lb cone cotton yarn in many colors.

wonder if walmart was the reason you lost your specialty fabric/craft stores. their famous for driving small business under and for driving down wages and benefits as well. i'm not knocking the millions of folks who love walmart. i'm just not so sure they're aware of the damage a walmart actually brings to their communities.

ohhhh yeah i know all about that...i still remember all the drug stores, groceries, delis, ect that we used to have around here before super walmart. even when we had regular walmart we didnt have too many small businesses going under. now there's only one other grocery store in town (used to be around 5). if most small businesses that offer services that walmart covers try to start up around here they quickly go down in flames...

i really dont like what walmart has done to us, it happens all over the country (which is why in some places people are starting to fight a new walmart being built)...but what can most people DO? in some places its the only way to go, its the cheapest way to go...its a quick way to get a job...but walmart is screwing us big time.

• 3 weeks later...

cheryl, our walmart just reopened as a super walmart, i found that the grand opening was not that big a deal, not a huge difference in prices. i shop mostly at the grocery store part of walmart as they are much cheaper for most things although i shope the sales too and sometimes they are not the cheapest. i hope your surgery goes well. will say a prayer for you hon take care:hug :hug :hug :hug

There's a new WalMart Supercenter opening near me on Wed. (Sept 14th). I'm so excited. I hated having to go into Broward county or traveling at least a half hour to get to the closest one to me. This new one is about 10 minutes away! Only bad thing, Wed is the day I have my surgery so I won't be able to go to the Grand Opening. But it'll be open when I feel up to going!! I'm so excited. :yay

We have 3 super wal-marts in my town and even the smallest of the bunch has a large selection of yarn. Only thing is that even though they carry fun fur, they are really limited to what they do sell... Mostly Red Heart varieties, some Bernat (mostly baby yarn) and threads. Heck, I have never seen any Boucle in a Wal-Mart and haven't seen any of the really cool yarns... I'd be picketing if my craft stores closed up!

Archived