I Create

**Update**Tunesian Afghan

**Wanted to let you know, my brother got the afghan this week (mailed it) and I talked to him this morning. I missed his call so called him back. He loves it! :clap This is good because I did a portrait of him once that he was less than thrilled with. Did not feel good because it really was a pretty good job and I felt so good about it, but found out later he did not like the picture I drew the portrait from. uh-oh:no

We have not been close all our adult years (now 50's/60's) and I wanted to do something special for him. This was a hit. He went on and on about it and he does not normally do that so I know he really does like it. Mission accomplished!**

Finally, it's done! I started this before our move to TN this year in Feb. My baby brother requested an all-wool afghan and I just made this one up as I went. Was done a few weeks ago except for the red stitching I outlined the center with. The middle panels are the plain tunesian stitch, sewn together and the outside rows I did in rounds of sc and hdc.

post-23943-135897713631_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897713634_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897713636_thumb.jpg

Edited by I Create

That's a great 'ghan!

awsome! I love Tunisian stitch! just so hard on my wrists!!! so I have to use the short hooks with long flex tube!

Thank you so much!

The straight long hooks are hard on my wrists too, that's why only the middle is Tunesian and I did it in strips. I tired that thing with the short hooks on the end of the flexible strip and did not like it. I think I still have it. I might try it again sometime. It seemed like it wanted to flip around too much.

Very nice afghan.

That's beautiful! You did an amazing job! It looks like you put a lot of work into it.

I know that took a long time. It looks great!

There is something about the motion of Tunesian crochet that I find very relaxing. It's like a back and forth motion, almost reminds me of a rocking chair. :)

How gorgeous! I really like how you shared with us the heartwarming story of it being a special gift for your brother. ... Oh. And your bordering technique accents it beautifully. :manyheart

Wonderful work!

I love the way that this gift also helped bring you two a little closer - I love when a handmade and heartfelt project becomes something a little more. Crafts really do have a bit of magic for the maker and the recipient! :clap