**Update**Tunesian Afghan

I Create

**Wanted to let you know, my brother got the afghan this week (mailed it) and I talked to him this morning. I missed his call so called him back. He loves it! :clap This is good because I did a portrait of him once that he was less than thrilled with. Did not feel good because it really was a pretty good job and I felt so good about it, but found out later he did not like the picture I drew the portrait from. uh-oh:no

We have not been close all our adult years (now 50's/60's) and I wanted to do something special for him. This was a hit. He went on and on about it and he does not normally do that so I know he really does like it. Mission accomplished!**

Finally, it's done! I started this before our move to TN this year in Feb. My baby brother requested an all-wool afghan and I just made this one up as I went. Was done a few weeks ago except for the red stitching I outlined the center with. The middle panels are the plain tunesian stitch, sewn together and the outside rows I did in rounds of sc and hdc.

post-23943-135897713631_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897713634_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897713636_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much!

The straight long hooks are hard on my wrists too, that's why only the middle is Tunesian and I did it in strips. I tired that thing with the short hooks on the end of the flexible strip and did not like it. I think I still have it. I might try it again sometime. It seemed like it wanted to flip around too much.

How gorgeous! I really like how you shared with us the heartwarming story of it being a special gift for your brother. ... Oh. And your bordering technique accents it beautifully. :manyheart

Archived