Diamond 'Ghan Wedding Present

Roo-Tahn

Here is the diamond 'ghan that I made for a wedding present for my step-daughter. It is queen size......big ole mound of afghan on my lap while I was crocheting it! I used Bernat Super Value in natural. It took 8 skeins plus a little out of the 9th.

A friend of hers gave her a brown bedspread, and I think this afghan looks nice on top of the bedspread with the brown showing through.

I loved the pattern, and would like to thank RoseRed for the use of the pattern! :manyheart

The edging was #17 out of Edie Eckman's Crochet Borders book. I think it make a nice finish to the afghan. It has little diamonds in it, and went well with the rest of the afghan.

post-44712-135897713521_thumb.jpg

post-44712-135897713524_thumb.jpg

post-44712-135897713526_thumb.jpg

That is so very pretty! You did such a beautiful job on your Diamond-ghan and the edging choice compliments it well! I want to make one of these for my own bed someday. I think I worry about the part where you describe a "big ole mound of afghan on my lap." I can imagine it really was a huge mound by the end of the project! :) But the results are so worth the efforts! As much as I love RoseRed's round ripples, I think this is her very best pattern! I'll make it one day! I saved one of your pics with my pattern in my computer file so that I can see your edging on it when I get ready to choose my own. Thanks for sharing! What a lucky step-daughter you have! I can't imagine another gift that will lovingly say you wish her the best any better!

What a beautiful gift! Love the edging you put on it. May I ask how long it took you to make?

Thanks!

I started the afghan the first of August, and finished it a few days before her wedding in mid-October. So I guess it took a little over 2 months working on it at night mostly after work. Many times I would get up early and do a row before getting ready to go to work. It felt really great when I did that last stitch and sewed in that last yarn end! :yay

I think I worry about the part where you describe a "big ole mound of afghan on my lap." I can imagine it really was a huge mound by the end of the project! :) But the results are so worth the efforts!

When the afghan started getting big, I folded it into 4ths and crocheted along the edges turning the whole thing when I got to the end of an edge. So I would turn it clockwise (or maybe counterclockwise, I don't remember now) 4 times for each row. Does that make sense? Once I started doing that, it wasn't so unwieldy to manage. ;)

Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks so much, RoseRed! I looked through lots of patterns before picking yours. My husband and I thought yours was really beautiful. I'm hoping this will become something that she will pass down to her children and tell them where it came from.

love your diamond ghan and your edging really sets it off also. outstanding work that you do. Thanks for telling me what book the edging it is in as I have the yarn to make this ghan and haven't had time to start it yet. I just ordered her book on edgings and another of her books from you leading me to it. Thanks so much.

Thanks so much, RoseRed! I looked through lots of patterns before picking yours. My husband and I thought yours was really beautiful. I'm hoping this will become something that she will pass down to her children and tell them where it came from.

You're very welcome, hun. I'm sure that this will become an heirloom piece - it's just beautiful!

I have to ask - how big is it?

Archived