The Very Hungry Caterpillar

thumbelina29

This is the first time I have attempted tunisian crochet and I am very pleased with the results. My twin sister asked me to do an afghan for a lady that she works with who is expecting her first child around Christmas time. As I'd been talking about wanting to try tunisian she decided that I needed a challenge.

She told me the lady she works with really loved the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar; it was her favourite book as she was growing up, so she challenged me to make the cover into an afghan. I searched on the internet for the front cover and turned it into a graph at knitpro. I was a little disappointed that the title of the book wasn't clear enough on the graph so unfortunately I wasn't able to put this onto the afghan.

At the beginning I was having a bit of trouble changing colours so I looked on utube and found a couple of videos by a lady called GeGe, which showed me how to change colours seemlessly. The longest part was weaving in all the threads at the end but it was worth it hope my sister's work colleague likes it :manyheart

post-36088-135897713075_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

This afghan is exactly what I have been looking for! My sister-in-law is expecting in July and will be having a "Hungry Caterpillar" theme in her baby room. Is there any way I could get/buy the pattern from you?

Archived