just1morestitch

Baby Layette For Friend's First Baby! <picture moderate!>

Hello All. Been awhile since I've posted here, but I've been busy crocheting! Here is a layette set I made for my friend's first baby!

Sweater and Bonnet: Simple Baby Set from Lion Brand Website

Baby Blanket: Crochet Lullaby Afghan from Red Heart Website (made smaller though)

Booties: Colorful Booties From Annies Attic Leaflet 874050 Precious Baby Booties (minus all color changes! :lol )

I started out with the two colors tan and light blue (the booties seem to be the truest to color picture!). Then I found the afghan design and adjusted all the other items to it. Except for the booties which just happened to have that circle motiff on the vamp. (Lucky find!!!)

Here are all the pictures (the super close up of the afghan is me trying for one of those great close ups that shows off the stiches - not sure if I really accomplished that!):

post-49448-135897712845_thumb.jpg

post-49448-135897712849_thumb.jpg

post-49448-135897712852_thumb.jpg

post-49448-135897712855_thumb.jpg

post-49448-135897712859_thumb.jpg

post-49448-135897712862_thumb.jpg

nice work !!!!! I like everything....and it must have been a real labor of love...the blanket is all squares????? wonderful colors too !

That is a beautiful set.

That's an amazing gift! Beautiful work!

That is sooooo nice! The colors are great. I'll be keeping that combo in mind for future baby projects.

Thanks everyone! I struggled to come up with boy colors for her baby. Every boy color seemed so "grown up" but she was going with a woodland theme in the nursery so I thought the blue and tan would be best! :)

Cissy - Yes all squares! First I made all the circles and then went back and did the "square" part! :) I liked how they were put together though.