RocketCityMama

Double Ruffle Scarf - Pattern Added Page 2

Adapted from my ruffly scarf (that I got from Debi Y) I came up with this double ruffle scarf. The pictures aren't great, sorry, it was really dark in the room :think but hopefully you'll still be able to get the gist of it.

1st photo is the scarf laid out to show off the ruffles and the 2nd one shows it all twisted and pretty:yay

post-43506-135897712494_thumb.jpg

post-43506-135897712497_thumb.jpg

Edited by RocketCityMama
Add Pattern

Very pretty! Reminds me of a boa. I think thats what its called.

Very nice!!

Thanks everyone! :manyheart

that is really cool! can you share what you did?

I will come back and post soon, my little one is having surgery next week, so I am out of sorts right now. I'll message you when I get it wrote out a little more.

Sorry to hear about your little one. Hope all goes well. :hug

I don't think I've seen a scarf with more ruffles than that one, lol. I like it. :D

The scarf is beautiful! Does it stay twisted up when you wear it?

Good vibes going out to you and your little one!

Great job. I think I would make one in black and then the last ruffle maybe a different color. The combinations possible are endless.

Thanks everyone! My dd had her surgery Dec 6 and is doing amazing right now :) We go back in Feb and April for rechecks on everything.

I am trying to write out the pattern, though I've never written one, so I don't know if it'll make sense or not, but I am willing to post it so you can try it out.

The scarf does stay pretty much twisted when worn.

I don't know the exact oz of the yarn used, but I used a whole skein of RHSS plus some of another. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

Ok here is what I got, please be gentle lol again this is the 1st time I've even tried to write a pattern and I am sure there are some mistakes. If you have questions let me know. Its really a simple pattern, so I probably made it harder than it is.

Ch-Chain

DC- Double Crochet

Tr-Triple Crochet

BLp- Back Loop

FLp- Front Loop

SS- Slip Stitch

Hook: I- is what I used

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver ( I used a little over a skein) you could use something softer, but I don't think the ruffles would hold as well... if someone tries it let me know :)

Chain 170

Row 1: DC in 4th Ch from hook and DC in rest of chain with 2 DC in last Ch *Do Not Turn*, working back up the other side, DC in each Ch with 2 DC in last Ch. Join with SS

Row 2: Ch 3, DC in each DC across, with 2 DC on 2 end DC (from prior row) *Do Not Turn*, working back up the other side, DC in each CH with 2 DC in last 2 DC. Join with SS.

Row 3: Ch 3, DC in each DC BLp only with 2 DC in 2 end DC (from prior row) * Do Not Turn*, working back up the other side, DC in each DC with 2 DC in the last 2 DC. Join with SS. – entire row is worked in back loop only.

Row 4: Ch 4, 4 Tr in each DC down scarf, *Do Not Turn* and work down other side. Join with SS. Tie Off, Weave in Ends.

Row 5: SS Join in Row 3’s FLp, Ch 4, 4 Tr in each FLp down scarf, *Do Not Turn*, and work down the other side. Join with SS, tie off and weave in ends.

You could make this longer or shorter to suit your needs. I am 5'11 and it falls just about at my natural waist, I will make longer next time since the ruffles make it draw up a bit.

Again if you have questions, let me know I will do my best to help and please if you make this, please share a picture :)

*As far as I know this was created by me, please do not redistribute the pattern or claim as yours.

Nice of you to share the pattern and so glad the little one is doing well!