Some tatted bookmarks

chessie

So pretty! I love the hearts! I'm trying to learn to tat, using shuttles, and following the ASN book/dvd set. I cannot seem to keep my stitches from twisting, especially when I start picots. (and I've only gotten to decorative picots...part way through lesson 2!)...any advice, or websites I should go to?

Karen, I agree, tatting is slower than crochet, and I can't imagine doing some of those vintage tatted designs, such as those in workbasket magazines, even a baby bonnet...(Of course, this is assuming I come close to mastering this, and getting my stitches to stay flat. :shrug)

They are beautiful! A dear lady gave me her mom's tatting tools and I bought a tatting book. I just haven't been able to work on it yet. Your bookmarks are inspiring! :manyheart

So pretty! I love the hearts! I'm trying to learn to tat, using shuttles, and following the ASN book/dvd set. I cannot seem to keep my stitches from twisting, especially when I start picots. (and I've only gotten to decorative picots...part way through lesson 2!)...any advice, or websites I should go to?

Momcrochets....You can go to youtube and type in tatting you can also go to the forum..intatters.. and sign up,they have tons of helpful info.and as always just keep practicing :)

Thanks Chessie, for the encouragement. and the info about the forum "intatters", I will have to look for that.

PS, the hearts and the crosses are both awesome. I can't wait to be able to make something like those!

Archived