Another blooming pillow

Afghaniac

After frogging an entire sweater I crocheted and deemed frumpy:(, I managed to repurpose quite a bit of the yarn (I think it was Michael's Loops & Threads) to make this pillow from Attic24's pattern. So here's my version in a single color for my daughter's rec room. Since I noticed too late that the center hole let through too much of the white pillow form, I crocheted a padded center to sew on top.

post-1473-135897712155_thumb.jpg

I plan to try out that pattern too, only in burgandy. I might steal your button idea! Hope mine turns out at lovely as yours!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. If you do make it and don't have a pillow form that matches the yarn color, I suggest using a hook small enough to make the stitches fairly tight -- especially with a darker color like burgundy. I used an I hook, and though maybe most people wouldn't notice that much, I can see the white of the pillow showing through.

Very pretty and clever fix for the center hole -- looks like it was meant to be that way! Sometimes I think that is the measure of a really great fiber artist -- not so much what you can do with a straight forward pattern but how you can come up with creative fixes for the problems and unique situations you run into along the way! Well done!

I really want two of these for my bed! But.... need more time! I know I could cut down on computer time! :)

Very pretty and clever fix for the center hole -- looks like it was meant to be that way! Sometimes I think that is the measure of a really great fiber artist -- not so much what you can do with a straight forward pattern but how you can come up with creative fixes for the problems and unique situations you run into along the way! Well done!

I really want two of these for my bed! But.... need more time! I know I could cut down on computer time! :)

Glad you like it, DK. I'd like to do another one in another color, but the pillow did take me longer than expected to crochet, so I won't for a while. Probably because I usually do motif crochet, and time drags for me when I do the same stitch over and over. The pillow actually turned out much more attractive than I expected. My photo doesn't show off its almost sculptural quality. I think you'll be pleased when/if you do one.

That's beautiful! I love it in a solid color.

Thanks, Debbie. That bloomin' pillow is growing on me so much that I've about decided the color is wrong for my daughter's rec room.:devil. Although the pillow is really spectacular in rainbow colors, I like how the clever pattern speaks for itself in one color, too. As with so many things, photos don't do it full justice.

Archived