MIL Joyce's Birthday Gift

Elvee

My Mother-in-law is a very crafty down to earth person who enjoys her gourd birdhouses and anything nature.

She said she would like a new birdhouse for her birthday and this is what she got--

post-1720-135897711076_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897711081_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897711084_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897711087_thumb.jpg

post-1720-13589771109_thumb.jpg

post-1720-135897711094_thumb.jpg

I LOVE it! My mom was collecting birdhouses for years and I would bring her back one every time I was out of town. She recently told me she had to say "enough" on the birdhouses as she had no place left to put them. This would be the perfect gift for her! A new birdhouse that she could wrap up in! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful birdhouse afghan and inspiring my mom's next gift!

I love your color choices too! It is just the right mix for an earthy look as you said! I just love it! I looked up the pattern and saw it was in LA A Year of Afghans. I was excited cause I thought I had that one but mine was a different number. So, now I have another book to keep an eye out for! :) A Year of Afghans #13

I did change the pattern up by crocheting a row of brown doubles on each square. I thought the pattern was too busy with the varigated and wanted to break it up. The pattern just had varigated against varigated. I had to be a rebel.

That Aspen color varigated is so pretty. It is all autumn colors with a bit if blue in it. Joyce's birthday is in September and she just loved it! I guess I owe her a wooden birdhouse....

I thought you might all get a laugh out of this. Joyce asked me how I got the beautiful rope effect on the edge of that afghan. She said she told Les I had to have taken hours to do that.

I said, "Well, I am brilliant." Then I broke it to her it is reverse single crochet. lol As a non-crocheter she is easy to impress!

Archived