6" Snowflake Square

I recently created this square and am posting the pattern here by popular demand. Please let me know if I need to make any changes or clarifications. Critiques of my pattern-writing are welcome! No need to pm me, put them right here in the thread. I ain't skeerd!

The Sweetie the Snowflake pattern https://m.facebook.com/groups/379329545500832/383074201793033/ is used here with permission from Sally Ives. (It's a pdf)

Materials:

*Small amounts of white and light blue worsted weight acrylic yarns

*Size I crochet hook

*tapestry needle (to weave in ends)

Finished size:

Mine came out 6 1/8", so essentially 6"

Abbreviations:

ch=chain

sc=single crochet

dc=double crochet

tc=treble crochet

sp=space

sk=skip

sl st=slip stitch

Pattern:

With white and I hook, crochet Sweetie the Snowflake using the pattern in the link above.

With light blue and I hook, right side facing,

Rnd 1: Working in back loops, attach with a *sc in the 2nd ch of ch-4 sp, sc in next ch, dc in 1st ch of ch-2 sp, sk next ch and sc, 2 tc in next sc, dc in 2nd ch of ch-2 sp, sc in 2nd and 3rd ch of ch-4 sp, dc in 1st ch of ch-2 sp, sk next ch and sc, (tc, ch 3, tc) in next sc, dc 2nd ch of ch-2 sp** repeat between * and ** 3 times, join with sl st to first sc

Rnd 2: ch 2 (don't turn), dc in same stitch and every stitch around except (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in each ch-3 sp, join with sl st to first dc (not the ch 2)

Rnd 3: ch 1 (don't turn), sc in same stitch and every stitch around except 5 sc in each ch-3 sp, join with sl st to first sc (not the ch 1)

Finish off and weave in ends

post-48303-135897710409_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for both Sweetie the Snowflake and Sweetie the Snowflake Becomes A Square patterns! I especially love the Snowflake pattern because it uses worsted weight yarn instead of thread that so many snowflake patterns are made of. I don't use thread anymore -- too painful. So, I was pleased with one I could use!

Thanks again for two great patterns I am sure to use!

I made mine for the Friendship-ghan Crochet-Along. You can use this square for anything you would make with 6" squares! You can make them different colors too.

*Ponchos

*Scarves

*Blankets

*Pillows (crochet 8 squares together, 4 in front and 4 in back)

*Placemats

*Tree skirt?

*Totes

*Coasters

Can anyone think of some other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I wanted to know if anyone out there has the snowflake pattern available. I have tried to get to the pattern and the link just brings up a blank page that never loads. The same thing happens trying it from other sites that have it listed. Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I can hardly wait ti make a bunch of these snowflakes..Think I'll connect then for a table runner...This is a project I can work on all year...Thank you  for this great pattern... :manyheart

• Donna changed the title to 6" Snowflake Square

Archived