General Questions & Discussion

Thunder84

Thanks Amibel..the issue is I am not color inclined.. As I go with solid colors only so figuring what goes well together has always been a challenge for me. Like I am currently working a project Hoodie Scarves and will be making alot of them over the next year to donate however it has 2 parts top/bottom I am just trying to figure about what goes well as or if that should be one solid color...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the color wheel, direct opposites (complementary colors) on the wheel are good choices because they bring out the most vibrancy of each other. You can always do monochromatic stuff, just different shades of one color (i.e. black to various greys to white, or navy blue to baby blue, etc).

http://www.worqx.com/color/combinations.htm

Gives the best example of what colors are in relation to others - complementary, analagous, etc. Sadly, if you're buying online, it can be hard to judge if one color fits in one section or another. But if you're making them items, it should be colors that you like and can tolerate well otherwise you may just hate the color(s) so much you quit working on it.

Archived