Let's play 'name that stitch'

RoseRed

Question

21 answers to this question

Sedge Stitch I?

Multiple of 3 sts + 1.

(add 2 for base chain)

1st row: Skip 2ch (count as 1sc), work [1 hdc, 1dc] into next ch, *skip 2ch, work [1sc, 1hdc, 1dc] into next ch; rep from * to last 3ch, skip 2ch, 1sc into last ch, turn.

2nd row: 1ch (counts as 1sc), work [1 hdc, 1dc] into first st, *skip [1 dc and 1hdc], work [1sc, 1hdc, 1dc] into next sc; rep from * to last 3 sts, skip [1 dc and 1hdc], 1 sc into top of tch, turn.

Rep 2nd row.

Thanx so much for posting that. You made a much bigger swatch than I did. It's really close. It just might be it!

I went ahead and made a whole dishcloth/ spa cloth. I see a very minute difference between your link pic and my version although, it is so slight it might not be visible to others.

Anyway, it was fun and quick to make and I plan on making more out of a bamboo blend yarn (Spa) for Christmas gifts. Thank you for posting this inquiry- it drew me back to a buried pattern.

Actually, the ripple st and the one from Beginner's guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects are the same st. I don't think the grit st is it either but it's really close.

I think when I'm done with this snowflake I'll go in and look at my Grandmother's black and white books. I KNOW I've seen it before.

Last night I whipped up the Lion Brand pattern I posted. To me it looks exactly like the photo you linked. I made it out of Sugar-n-Cream cotton. It even has a zig-zaggy effect to it like the photo. When I get back from town later today, I will try to post a pic for you. :)

Actually, the ripple st and the one from Beginner's guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects are the same st. I don't think the grit st is it either but it's really close.

I think when I'm done with this snowflake I'll go in and look at my Grandmother's black and white books. I KNOW I've seen it before.

That's funny -- I wondered the same thing when I saw the pattern! I thought if I knew the stitch, the potholder is really just the same stitch repeated, then edged. I usually sort of laugh :lol when I see a one stitch pattern for sale but in this case, I didn't know the stitch, so I just looked puzzled. :scrachin

Pls let us know if one of these stitches winds up being "the one."

I have a Leisure Arts little book, Beginner's guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects, with 19 stitch patterns in it and it looks like what they call a cable stitch to me (pg 11 in the book).

Archived