**Updated**Hearts/coasters, dishcloth, and smaller

I Create

**I posted again on the 2nd pg, an update of what I'm doing with hearts**

Thought I would put my hearts here, don't think they fit in the motifs and squares. I made these for some internet buddies I have been acquainted with for 10 years. I have been to 2 of the yearly get-togethers and met some individually. Did not get to go to one in Dallas this year that just met this week, but I wanted to send them something so made these hearts and let them pick one. 13 ladies and 2 husbands went. Most are the size of coasters and a lot are done in cotton yarn which is great for coasters. Some are smaller, some in thread and one is large enough for a dishcloth.

post-23943-135897709155_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897709158_thumb.jpg

They are from different patterns and I think all free online, maybe one might have been from a magazine?? Not sure. I made some of them a couple years ago, others recently.

The one that is white with dark pink trim I made up as I went. I didn't write it down. The medium pink one to the left in the middle row is from this pattern and I think is the easiest one I've made other than my own. I wish it was just a plain pattern, but there are lots of details and pictures in it for beginners I guess. But I put it on my computer and scroll down for each row. It's just about right for a coaster.

This is the link:

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2008/02/sweet-heart-cro.html

The lavender, off white and small dark pink one on the bottom row were done in size 5 and 3 threads.

I am making about 8 more now for the ones in my internet group who didn't get to attend the meet in Dallas. I'm using the pattern above and making it in 4-ply cotton.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much. I went on to make around 50 of these so far and still making more. The last ones are better than shown in this post (the first picture). I went on to send them to another part of that same internet forum, too. I started doing something a little different with the hearts now, I'm going to make a scarf....making the hearts in sports wt acrylic yarn instead of the cotton 4-ply for the coasters. Also learned this simple bow from youtube and going to do contrasting hearts and bows. This is the first one I did last night for the scarf. It looks bigger than it is, I think. It is about 4 1/2 inches across at the widest part.

post-23943-135897731666_thumb.jpg

Archived