Double-ended Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth

nicolep

I made this while taking (still taking actually) the class with Kim Guzman. It's a technique class and I do better actually making something instead of just swatching. So, I decided to make a dishcloth. I love it with the variegated color in addition to the solid color. Thanks for looking!

Side 1

post-28827-135897709111_thumb.jpg

Side 2

post-28827-135897709115_thumb.jpg

That is a fantastic looking dishcloth. I tried to do a Tunisian stitch makeup pad just the other day and had trouble getting the ends to look straight. It was like I was dropping a stitch at the end of the row. I am inspired by your pretty dishcloth and just might have to get it another try.

I want to take that class eventually. Just had too much going on right now to jump in. But I so want to learn to do this and I think a class would be fun. I've never taken a crochet class before.

When I do, I'll remember your dishcloth! Makes so much more sense to actually make something you can use when you're done. I really like the dishcloth too -- so pretty! It looks like it would feel great too. Nice job! Looks like you had no problem learning the Tunisian stitch at all!

I want to take that class eventually. Just had too much going on right now to jump in. But I so want to learn to do this and I think a class would be fun. I've never taken a crochet class before.

When I do, I'll remember your dishcloth! Makes so much more sense to actually make something you can use when you're done. I really like the dishcloth too -- so pretty! It looks like it would feel great too. Nice job! Looks like you had no problem learning the Tunisian stitch at all!

I've known how to Tunisian crochet for about two years. I was more interested in learning the "double-ended" thing. I tried doing that before and got all twisted around. I'm glad I took the class. I was able to keep it straight thanks to Kim's tips. When you have a chance, I definitely suggest the class. :tup

Nicole how many chains did you crochet to make your dishcloth center...

Its lovely you know i still got to do mine..

I did join Kim's class I just havent had a chance to sit and actually do it...

hugs

Lillibet

Nicole how many chains did you crochet to make your dishcloth center...

Its lovely you know i still got to do mine..

I did join Kim's class I just havent had a chance to sit and actually do it...

hugs

Lillibet

I believe it's 25 chains long. Just chain how ever many you want for your dishcloth. I usually make my discloths between 25 and 35 chains depending on the pattern.

Archived