Scarf With Slit

Lynn

Question

I have been asked to make a scarf for a little girl (2 1/2 years old) with a slit in it to push the end through to anchor the scarf around her neck. Does anyone know of a pattern like this for a little one?

5 answers to this question

Ya know something?! Something like that had never occured to me before. I've been planning a scarf for my little one but I've been thinking about how to make "doing it up" easier. Keyhole scarf sounds like exactly what I need. Need to get it done soon though, snow is surely approaching Sweden and she currently doesn't have a scarf. Armed with a tapestry graph and this, I will get cracking :D

Thank you so much! I ended up doing my own thing and it turned out pretty good! I did a 3 round granny square in white, light pink and bright pink. Then attached white to one end of the granny and did 13 stitches across the square in hdc. Did about 7 inches of hdc then hdc across 6 stitches until I thought the slit would be big enough. Finished off and did 6 hdc on the other side until that side was as long as the other side, then hdc in 1st hdc on the other side to attach an just did hdc rown until I thought the thing was long enough. Attached another granny to the opposite end and did sc around the whole thing in bright pink. Turned out great! thanks all!

Keyhole scarves are great for little ones! I made a keyhole scarf for my 3 yr old grand daughter. We were afraid long ties would get caught in the car. Once she learned to stuff the end thru the whole, she was so proud that she could put her own scarf on. Wound up making some for her friends when their mom's realized how much easier they were than trying to wrap a scarf around a little neck.

Archived