Oreo Cookie Afghan for my son

Lovin2Crochet

I just wanted to show what I've finished so far on an Oreo Cookie afghan I'm making for my son's birthday (he's stationed at the Naval base in Japan with his family ~ one more year to go! :clap). I've been working on it for 2 wks now, so hoping to finish it this week, or at least by next week.

This pattern is in "Crochet World - Oct'2008" issue. The designer, Lisa James, whip-stitched her squares together, but I decided on sc'ing mine instead, since I wanted it to be a little more sturdy for my son.

I'll come back here and post a pic of the finished afghan, too ~ :hook

post-32836-135897708266_thumb.jpg

So cute! I made one of those too! My husband adopted it for himself, lol. Your son is going to LOVE it!

Thanks ~ this is my son's favorite cookie, and hubby's, too. Yep, I need to make one for him, too, I guess ~ :lol We've only got one afghan that I've ever made, a way long time ago. :hook

I've seen this pattern. I hope your son likes it and thank him for his service. Thanks to all his family and prayers to you all.

Thank you so much, Pattiann ~ :hugMy son has been stationed 3 yrs in Japan at the Naval base in Yokosuka, just south of where the tsunami and earthquakes happened. My little dght-n-law was 2 wks of delivering our 2nd grandson during that time, too. They've really been going thru it this year. Thank you for the prayers, too. Much appreciated ~ :hug

Thank you everyone for your kind compliments on the Oreo afghan, too ~ :hug I finished my 3rd row earlier this evening ~ :clap It's moving right along ~ :hook

Thank you, Patty ~ :) How's life on the highway? Hope you have more beautiful days for travel when winter sets in. These past winters have been horrible back east!

Well, I've gotten 4 rows done now, so here's a pic so far. I'm really thinking about adding those extra couple of rows, too.

post-32836-135897709793_thumb.jpg

Love the pattern, the colors and the pics! Thank your son for his service, my dh also served.

Thank you, Laura ~ :hug I'll be sure and tell him . . . he'll be so pleased to think that others are thinking of him and his buddies. He just got off of 6 yrs submarine duty and has been stationed in Japan now, this past 2 yrs (1 more yr to go). It will be so good to see him again over the holidays :yay:manyheart

I'm almost done with his cookie-ghan . . . only 2 more rows of squares to make and attach ~ :clap Hoping to have it completed tomorrow, I hope.

Archived