"Marvelous" Fulled Mini Tote Bag Pattern-revised 10/22

deneen

I changed round 25 to hopefully, make it easier to follow. Please, please let me know if you do this bag and if you made any changes.

Here's the link for those with an interest:

Finished bag measures 8" across by 10" from top of handle to bottom after fulling. Pattern is updated with stitches counted for all you counters out there!

Marvelous Fulled Mini Tote Bag

Pics:

th_DSC01031.jpg

Two colors

th_feltedbag007.jpg

Single color (Photo courtesy of Heather Balletto)

th_feltedbag003.jpg

Pre-fulled/felted bag (Photo courtesy of Heather Balletto)

I am so happy you posted this and went right out to the LYS to get some Patons Merino (natural marl) -- tweedy mix of tan and white. I'm enjoying crocheting it and the only thing I would suggest for the pattern (because I'm hopeless with math) would be a count of stitches at the end of each step. I like to count as I finish each round so that I know that I'm on the right track.

I can't wait to finish crocheting this. I think I will end up making a bunch!

I am so happy you posted this and went right out to the LYS to get some Patons Merino (natural marl) -- tweedy mix of tan and white. I'm enjoying crocheting it and the only thing I would suggest for the pattern (because I'm hopeless with math) would be a count of stitches at the end of each step. I like to count as I finish each round so that I know that I'm on the right track.

I can't wait to finish crocheting this. I think I will end up making a bunch!

I know I should do that, I just never count because I always lose count. Only when I realized during the testing period a mistake in the pattern, did the stitches get figured out. However, I am working on this and hopefully will have stitch numbers soon.

I know I should do that, I just never count because I always lose count. Only when I realized during the testing period a mistake in the pattern, did the stitches get figured out. However, I am working on this and hopefully will have stitch numbers soon.

It hasn't stopped me from starting and I think I got it right the second time around. I'm just so mathematically challenged... :think

I'm so glad you posted the pattern. :yay I love felted bags and this is the cutest crocheted one I've seen so far! :manyheart

I made your cute little purse and I love it! I plan on making many for Christmas gifts!

Pictures on my blog:

http://knitlich.blogspot.com/2005/09/purple-purse.html

I used 100% Peruvian Highland Wool from elann.com and added a little texture thread for interest.

Thanks for the patten!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, your bag is really great. Did you have to block it after it came out of the wash or not ? I have just made a similar bag up to the "throw in washing machine"stage, and Im nervous about the next step... (first time deliberate felter - quite a few accidental ones) I particularly like the blue/green bag - stunning.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I made one too! This was my first-ever felted project, and I really loved making (and felting!) it. I also used Paton's Classic Merino Wool. It was delicious to use and the bag looked so creamy pre-felting. The bag worked up nicely and the project was FUN! I have pre- and post-felting photos up at my blog:

http://mintlipgloss.blogspot.com

Thanks, Deneen, for sharing this pattern with us! :hug

Jennifer :hook

Hi Everyone,

I made one too! This was my first-ever felted project, and I really loved making (and felting!) it. I also used Paton's Classic Merino Wool. It was delicious to use and the bag looked so creamy pre-felting. The bag worked up nicely and the project was FUN! I have pre- and post-felting photos up at my blog:

http://mintlipgloss.blogspot.com

Thanks, Deneen, for sharing this pattern with us! :hug

Jennifer :hook

That turned out so pretty Jennifer!

Archived