Hello Kitty laptop tote

CindysSweetThings

It is so sad that people are oblivious to the awesome world of handmade! And absolutely that is super cute! I too like the ruffles!

I'm going to TRY and teach my BOYS how to be somewhat domestic at least. If nothing else they'll know how to sew on their own buttons and cook their own meals! One is kinda interested in crochet, but he hasn't got the patience yet. Who knows, maybe one day he'll be the next "Crochet Dude" :)

You did a great job -- especially "winging it." I really admire that creative talent! It looks adorable! Bet my granddaughters would love something like that. I think I could adapt a pattern I already have for HK and then put it onto a laptop pattern -- that part I think I could wing, since it is just a big rectangle. Not too sure about a lining though. I am not good with sewing and even worse putting in zippers! :/ Ah well .... maybe I will just be happy looking at yours. LOL!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

You did a great job -- especially "winging it." I really admire that creative talent! It looks adorable! Bet my granddaughters would love something like that. I think I could adapt a pattern I already have for HK and then put it onto a laptop pattern -- that part I think I could wing, since it is just a big rectangle. Not too sure about a lining though. I am not good with sewing and even worse putting in zippers! :/ Ah well .... maybe I will just be happy looking at yours. LOL!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Oh, it doesn't need lining or a zipper. I only add the lining because it helps distribute the weight of the laptop. If you make just a laptop sleeve/cozy, you could leave it unlined. You could also make it a button closure.

Honestly, I'm not the best at sewing either. It took me hours to put in the zipper and lining! I'm hoping that practice makes perfect.

Sooo cute! Yay for you on the 'winging it'! some of my best work has been winging it, and it really boosts the ego, doesnt it? LOL

Yes, it does! "Winging it" is new to me in the last 6 mos and it is very exciting. I learned to crochet 20 years ago, when I was 8, but only just started serious crocheting 5 years ago. I didn't think I would ever be able to create my own stuff but now I am! I always challenged myself with new and harder patterns and that built up my skills a lot. But, what really helped me with creating stuff was crocheting amigurumi and appliques. Those two things got me to use stitches in ways I never had before when crocheting blankets. Now I'm eager to try new things and stretch my skills even further!

• 2 months later...

Archived